Advisories are used to communicate information related to vulnerabilities identified with Autodesk® products and services. This includes any fixes or workarounds that are applicable to the affected product.
Vulnerabilities in Autodesk® InfraWorks
Autodesk ID: ADSK-SA-2020-0004
Product, Service, Component: Autodesk® InfraWorks
Impact: Heap Overflow, Code Injection, Out-of-bounds Read, Stack-based Buffer Overflow
Original Publish: 25/06/2020
Last Revised: 25/06/2020
CVSS 3.0 Score
0.1 - 3.9
A vulnerability where scope and impact of exploitation is restricted and the ability to exploit is extremely difficult.
4.0 - 6.9
A vulnerability where exploitation is mitigated by factors such as difficulty to exploit, default configuration or ease of identification.
7.0 - 8.9
A vulnerability, which if exploited, would directly impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of user’s data or processing resources.
9.0 - 10
A vulnerability, which if exploited, would allow remote execution of malicious code without user action.
Autodesk InfraWorks has been affected by heap overflow, code injection, out-of-bounds read, and stack-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities in the libcurl component.
The details of the vulnerabilities are as follows:
1) CVE-2019-5436: A heap buffer overflow in the TFTP receiving code allows for DoS or arbitrary code execution in libcurl versions 7.19.4 through 7.64.1.
2) CVE-2019-5443: A non-privileged user or program can put code and a config file in a known non-privileged path (under C:/usr/local/) that will make curl <= 7.65.1 automatically run the code (as an openssl "engine") on invocation.
3) CVE-2018-16890: libcurl versions from 7.36.0 to before 7.64.0 is vulnerable to a heap buffer out-of-bounds read.
4) CVE-2019-3823: libcurl versions from 7.34.0 to before 7.64.0 are vulnerable to a heap out-of-bounds read in the code handling the end-of-response for SMTP.
5) CVE-2019-3822: libcurl versions from 7.36.0 to before 7.64.0 are vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow.
*Note: Product list table contents subject to change.
Autodesk highly recommends that customers of the affected products obtain and apply the latest Hotfixes via the Autodesk Desktop App, or the Accounts Portal
INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” IN CONNECTION WITH AUTODESK® PRODUCTS. AUTODESK AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS AND ITS AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, CONTENT, DOCUMENTS, AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES) OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, AND ALL SUCH INFORMATION, CONTENT, DOCUMENTS, AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. AUTODESK AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS SITE, SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND SUCH INFORMATION, CONTENT, DOCUMENTS, AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.