Introduction and Welcome
This is the final course in our learning path How to Set Up a Civil 3D Project. Civil 3D is built on the AutoCAD software, so you can use the Tool Palettes to share AutoCAD entities, such as blocks, hatches, etc. These elements can be inserted into the Tool Palette in multiple ways, including using the Design Center. In this course, you will learn how to share AutoCAD entities using the Design Center to create new content within your Tool Palette. You will also learn how to share Civil 3D object catalogs and share the drawing associated with the catalog to share styles and rules.
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Share AutoCAD objects
- Add AutoCAD objects to the Tool Palette using the Design Center
- Share Civil 3D object catalogs with your team members
- Add your own subassemblies to the Tool Palette and/or access additional subassemblies using country kits
This course requires user-level knowledge of Civil 3D and is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with this product, we recommend you take foundational training using one of the resources below:
- Built-in tutorials, available via in-product Help
- eLearning Partners
- Authorized Training Centers
About the author
This course was created by Raphael Kuntz, Designated Support Specialist. The Try Its, Read Me files and Knowledge Checks were created by ASCENT.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the Civil 3D software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.