Prepare, set up, solve, and validate simulation results for linear static stress. Explore workflows to prepare a model for simulation, define materials, loads and constraints, and contact sets between assembly components, then solve simulation studies and review the results. We'll focus on the application of the simulation toolset, while also exploring external engineering knowledge in finite element analysis required to define, review, and validate simulations. Follow along as we learn the fundamentals of model prep, setup, solve, and review of linear static stress analyses.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the ideal cases and limitations of linear static stress.
- Perform model preparations before simulation.
- Accurately define loads, constraints and contact sets.
- Review and resolve pre-check warnings and errors.
- Solve and review a linear static stress simulation.
Image courtesy of Briggs Automotive Company Ltd.