Learn the typical workflow and features of AutoCAD, drawing management, editing objects, using tools for accuracy and annotations, reusing content, working with layouts and outputs, and collaborating with others. Follow along with lessons, datasets, and exercises to practice and review the exam topics on your own. You can also test your knowledge by taking a practice test to prepare for the certification exam. It’s all about practice and preparation.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Perform drawing management techniques, including layer management, object property queries, and drawing health maintenance.
- Use annotation techniques for text, dimensions, leaders, multileaders, hatches, and blocks.
- Draw and edit design content, reuse existing drawing content, and draw and edit using precision tools.
- Create and manage your layouts, outputs, and printings.
- Collaborate with team members by using design sharing and markup tools, controlling external reference and underlay files, and incorporating external design data into project drawings.
- Review the topics covered on the Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD for Design and Drafting certification exam.
Resources for teaching in the classroom.
Resources just for educators
Teach this course in the classroom. It is recommended that you watch the videos and familiarize yourself with the course before delivering this content in the classroom.
Download the instructor resources.
We’ve provided an instructor guide for teaching the course content in the classroom, with learning objectives and estimated times for demonstration and practice. Students can either work in teams or solve the challenges that are found in the course on their own.
Want to create custom learning playlists to share with your students?
Share modules and courses using Playlists. Once you create a Playlist, share the URL with your students and they can sign into their Autodesk Account to access. Choose and share the modules that best fit your curriculum using the links below.
- To create a Playlist, select [+] 'Add to list' in the banner above.
- To pick and share individual modules, use the links below, then select [+] 'Add to list' from the module banner.
- To share a list with others, set the list visibility to Public and share the link.