CAM for 2.5 Axis Milling Associate Certification Prep
Review and test your knowledge in programming vertical CNC milling toolpaths with 2.5-axis strategies. Begin by reviewing detailed drawings and process planning parts for manufacture. Then review CAD tools required to design workholding and prepare models for toolpath creation. Create 2.5-axis roughing and finishing toolpaths and validate their motion through simulation. Finally, finish by creating the requite setup sheets and post processing toolpaths to create machine readable G-code. Review exam topics with practice and challenge exercises and a practice test at the end of the course.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Process plan a 2.5-axis required part.
- Create and manage a digital tool library.
- Use 2.5-axis toolpaths to rough a part.
- Use 2.5-axis finishing techniques to finish a part.
- Use Simulation to validate stock removal.
- Create required documentation and output.
Learn more about how to prepare for the CAM 2.5 Axis Milling Associate Certification exam.
See where you stand
Learn about process planning for CNC milling.
Learn about the 2-dimensional sketching and control required to create robust parametric CAD models
Learn how to set up and create toolpaths in Fusion 360 to machine various types of geometry.
Create a setup sheet and export NC code from Fusion 360
Take the challenge exercise to measure your skills on the topics covered in this course.
Teaching this course to students in the classroom?
Use this instructor guide to incorporate this course into your lesson plans. You can also send your students directly to the course as self-guided learning. They can learn at their own pace, track their own progress, and earn a certificate of completion when they get 75% or more on the final test.
Download the instructor resources
Want to create custom learning playlists to share with your students?
Share modules and courses using Lists. Once you create a List, share the URL with your students and they can sign into their Autodesk Account to access.
- To create a List, select [+] 'Add to list' in the banner of a course or module.
- To share a list with others, set the list visibility to Public and share the link.
Learn more about courses and learning in our FAQs.
Machining best practices
Machining best practices supports you in the CNC machining of the model engine cylinder. Review the process plan and cutting data for general guidelines to support you in this project. The sample setup sheet provides information about how the part was machined.
The contents of this course have been updated as of January 2023. This course was last created in 2021.
January 2023 updates include:
- New sample test and test taking tips.
- Updated videos to reflect the latest Fusion 360 user interface.
- Updated practice and challenge exercises.
- New instructor guide to help educators teach this content in classroom.
- Updated practice exam aligned to the Autodesk Certified Associate in CAM for 2.5 Axis Milling.
- Modules are now standalone, so you can pick and choose individual modules to add to your Playlist and share with others.