Selecting appropriate machining strategies and defining tool orientation is critical for the success of machining. Toolpath containment can be defined using a selection of edges, sketches, or surfaces, and tool orientation includes determining tool tilt angles and optimizing tool contact. Programming toolpaths also includes determining collision avoidance strategies.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Select the appropriate machining strategy.
- Define tool orientation for multi-axis positioning.
- Determine toolpath containment geometry and approach.
- Define tool orientation for simultaneous multi-axis machining.
- Determine collision avoidance strategy.
- Determine strategies to optimize individual multi-axis machining toolpaths.