Terms & Conditions
Customers can subscribe and save up to 25% when trading in qualifying old perpetual licenses without active maintenance plans for subscriptions to the latest Autodesk industry collections or most individual products—including AutoCAD®, AutoCAD LT®, Civil 3D®, Revit®, Inventor®, 3ds Max® and more.
1. What is the Autodesk FY19 Q1 Trade-In Global Field Promotion (GFP)?
Customers can save up to 25% on the Autodesk Suggested Retail Price (SRP) for industry collections and/or most individual products when they purchase eligible 1-year or 3-year term subscriptions with single- or multi-user access and trade in qualifying (“legacy”) serial numbers and all associated seats of R14 (release year 1998) through 2018 perpetual licenses not on an active maintenance plan (expired on or before December 31, 2017). A valid, eligible serial number must be submitted for this promotion.
Qualifying LT family products can be traded in for any eligible 1- or 3-year subscriptions to Autodesk software, including industry collections with single-user access.
Serial numbers must be traded in at: http://www.autodesk.com/tradeinpromo.
Refer to the “Appendix” for a complete list of qualifying “coming from” and “going to” products.
2. How does the order process work?
1. Submission of the perpetual license serial number must occur prior to purchase. The end customer or the Partner on behalf of the customer, completes the submission by going to http://www.autodesk.com/tradeinpromo.
2. At this site, required fields including, but not limited to, customer name, submission serial number, and email address must be provided.
3. After the trade-in, the perpetual license serial number and all seats corresponding will be flagged in the Autodesk system as no longer valid or eligible to be traded in.
4. If a customer decides not to make a purchase or cancels the purchase, the submission may be retracted by contacting Autodesk_CS@pmci.com.
5. Autodesk will continually monitor all serial number submissions and orders placed. In the event of a discrepancy between a submission and order, the submitter will be contacted for assistance in resolution.
6. Subject to item 7, the customer agrees that Autodesk may suspend the license corresponding with the submitted serial number(s) and Customer agrees to no longer use such licenses.
7. If the customer returns the subscription in accordance with the applicable Autodesk software license agreement, the customer will be eligible to switch back to a version of the legacy license as set out in questions 3 to 6. The return shall be in full and final settlement of all claims. The customer may provide the serial number traded in and will then be eligible switch back to the perpetual license. No refund will be provided under this scenario.
3. What does “switch-back option” mean?
We’re confident that customers will be satisfied with their new subscription, but if for any reason that is not the case, customers are eligible to switch back to their perpetual license within the 30-day return period or at the end of either the 3-year term, or the end of the second year of an annual term (1 year plus 1 year renewal). If the subscription is not returned within the 30-day period, then the serial number of the legacy license is no longer eligible to be used for any type of future promotion, regardless of the customer switching back or not. Note that customers are only able to switch back to the versions set out below.
|Version submitted||Switch back: within “eligible term”*||Customer obligations|
|2017, 2018||• 2016 version
• same product
• same deployment (e.g. SLM or NLM)
|Contact Autodesk for details of how to switch-back|
|1998 – 2016||• Same version as submitted
• same product
• same deployment (e.g. SLM or NLM)
|Retain media kits, download and/or activation details, and any other item necessary for operation of legacy license|
4. If a customer wants to “switch back”, how is that done?
Within 30 days after the expiration of the eligible term (eligible term is the end of one 3-year term or after 2 consecutive 1-year terms; 1-year term plus renewal and completion of a second 1-year term), customers choosing to switch back to their perpetual licenses contact Autodesk and provide the serial number to be reclassified to “active”. Use of the perpetual license may then resume. Only the registered licensee is eligible for the switch-back to a perpetual license. Autodesk reserves the right to request supporting documentation and, in the event of a dispute, Autodesk has the final discretion.
Note: customers with 2017 or 2018 licenses will need to contact Autodesk for assistance with the process to switch back to the 2016 version.
* Eligible term is the end of one 3-year term or after 2 consecutive 1-year terms (1-year term plus renewal and completion of a second 1-year term).
5. Will Autodesk provide new media or downloads for the perpetual license software if a customer chooses to “switch back”?
No. Customers are responsible for retaining media kits, download and/or activation details, and any other item necessary for reactivating the legacy perpetual licenses if they wish to utilize the “switch-back option”.
6. Can maintenance be added to a perpetual license if the customer switches back?
No. The customer may not add maintenance to the perpetual license.
7. What is the promotional period?
The offer is available February 7 through April 20, 2018 (dates inclusive).
8. What countries are eligible to participate?
The offer is available in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
9. What term lengths can customers purchase at the discount?
Customers are eligible to trade in their perpetual licenses and receive a discount on either a 1- OR a 3-year term.
10. Is the discount available for both single-user and multi-user subscriptions?
Yes. The offer applies to both single-user and multi-user subscriptions. Additionally, the deployment of the traded in license does not need to be the same as the deployment of the subscription purchased. For example, a customer may trade in a single-user AutoCAD serial number and purchase a multi-user AutoCAD or any other eligible product, including collections.
Note: Autodesk LT Family product licenses are eligible to be submitted for subscriptions with single- or multi-user access to all eligible individual products, as well as subscriptions with single-user access to industry collections; however, they are not eligible to be submitted for subscriptions with multi-user access to industry collections.
11. Is the discount available for subscription renewals?
No. The offer is for new subscriptions with a trade-in only.
12. Can this offer be combined with any other offers?
No. The offer may not be combined with any other discounts, promotions, or other incentives offered by Autodesk unless specified.
13. If a customer purchases a Media & Entertainment Collection as part of the GFP, are they eligible to participate in the Media & Entertainment with Arnold Bundle Promotion?
Yes, if a customer purchases a M&E Collection as part of the GFP, the promotion can be combined with the separate bundle offer. Therefore, a customer would be eligible to receive the M&E Collection at the GFP discount and receive 5 subscriptions of Arnold for free. Please note the subscription term length for the Arnold subscriptions must match the term length for the M&E Collection.
14. Are Named Accounts with volume purchase programs eligible to participate in the GFP?
Yes, but discounts offered by Autodesk under this offer cannot be combined with any discounts provided by Autodesk to contracted accounts according to any relevant agreements. Example: Customers with Volume Purchase Agreements (VPAs) cannot combine volume discounts provided under their VPA contract. Named Accounts may choose to select either the contracted discount OR the promotional discount, but not both.
15. Can a customer apply an Extra Territory Rights (ETR) uplift to a subscription they purchased with this offer?
No. Subscriptions purchased through this offer cannot have ETR attached.
16. Will Autodesk offer the full discount % if the customer is adding to an existing subscription?
Yes, for same-term subscriptions. This promotion offers the full discount percentage even if the customer is co-terming to match an existing subscription, provided they are the same term length (New 1- or 3-year to existing 1-year or 3-year term).
17. Are customers required to trade in their existing perpetual serial number(s)?
Yes. To receive the discount, customers must trade in the eligible perpetual serial number(s) and no longer use all seats associated to that serial number(s). Once the trade-in is completed the serial number(s) cannot be traded in or used to achieve a promotion discount a second time. Note that under the “switch back option” term of the offer, customers are eligible to switch back to a version of their perpetual license if not satisfied with subscription. Conditions and restrictions apply. See questions 3-6 for more information.
18. Can customers continue to use the perpetual license after they purchase the discounted 1- or 3-year subscription?
No. As part of the terms and conditions of this offer, the customer agrees to trade in the eligible perpetual license serial number(s) and no longer use any seats associated with that serial number(s). Note that under the “switch-back option” term of the offer, customers are eligible to switch back to their perpetual license if not satisfied with subscription. Conditions and restrictions apply. See questions 3-6 for more information.
19. How do customers know if a serial number is valid?
A serial number is valid if it is an R14-2018 perpetual license not on maintenance (expired on or before December 31, 2017) and has not been used in a previous promotion. Licenses must be commercial versions and registered. The submission site is not intended to be used as a source to validate serial numbers, but submission of a valid serial number is required for compliance with the terms and conditions of the offer.
20. How many discounted subscriptions may be purchased per serial number?
Customers can request an Asset Report, which is delivered by Autodesk directly to the customer, and should show all of a customer’s assets.
Customers are eligible to purchase one new 1- or 3-year subscription for each seat associated with serial number(s) they submit.
21. What if customers have multi-packs or multiple seats for one serial number?
Customers are eligible to purchase one discounted subscription for each seat associated with a valid serial number up to 50 seats, but can only submit a serial number one time.
Example: A customer has an AutoCAD LT® 2008 5-pack. They are eligible to receive the discount on up to 5 new subscriptions. At the time of submission, they will be trading in all 5 AutoCAD LT® 2008 perpetual licenses, regardless of how many discounted new subscriptions they are purchasing.
Exceptions are available for customers who want to purchase fewer new subscriptions and are not willing to submit all licenses associated with the serial number (for instance, in the example above, they may want to submit 3 licenses and keep 2 perpetual licenses). In those select cases, the serial number will need to be split prior to placing the order, and the original serial number should be traded in. Please contact Autodesk or your reseller for assistance.
22. Is there a limit as to how many seats can be submitted per customer?
Yes. Customers are eligible to submit a total of 50 seats under the terms and conditions of this offer. For example: customers may submit 50 serial numbers, each with one seat, OR 1 serial number with 50 seats OR any other variation not to exceed a total of 50 seats, except for AutoCAD LT Family. There is no seat limit for AutoCAD LT Family products being traded in.
23. Do customers have to purchase the same products as the perpetual license traded in?
No, customers do not need to purchase the same product, however the restrictions mentioned above apply.
Note: Autodesk LT Family product licenses are not eligible to be submitted for a multi-user industry collection subscription.
24. If a customer has a multi-pack or multiple seats for one serial number, do all of the new subscriptions have to be the same product?
No. Customers may purchase any of the eligible products listed in the appendix tables and per the aforementioned requirements up to the number of licenses traded in.
25. How does the Q1 Trade-in GFP differ from the Move to Subscription Offer?
The Q1 Trade-in GFP is a limited-time opportunity for customers who have old perpetual licenses without active maintenance plans (expired on or before December 31, 2017) to trade in and save up to 25%** on qualifying new 1- or 3-year subscriptions to Autodesk products.
The Move to Subscription Offer is an ongoing opportunity for customers whose maintenance plans are up for renewal to switch to subscription and secure special pricing going forward. More information is available at www.autodesk.com/campaigns/maintenance-to-subscription.
26. Is the promotion available on the Autodesk Store?
One-year subscriptions to select eligible products are available online through the Autodesk store. For eligible products not available online or 3-year subscriptions, customers have the option to contact Autodesk sales. More information is available at www.autodesk.com/campaigns/global-promotion in the “Let’s Talk About It” section.
Table 1: The following list includes the eligible “going to” subscription products.
*Advertised discounts and savings are based on the Autodesk Suggested Retail Price (excluding taxes) for specified product. Autodesk’s Suggested Retail Price is used for reference purposes only, and may not be in local currency. Actual retail price is determined by customer’s selected reseller, and is subject to currency fluctuation.
**Qualifying perpetual licenses of Autodesk LT Family products are eligible to be submitted for 1- or 3-year subscriptions with single- or multi-user access to all eligible individual products, as well as subscriptions with single-user access to industry collections; however, they are not eligible to be submitted for subscriptions with multi-user access to industry collections.
Table 2: The following list includes the “coming from” qualifying perpetual licenses.
| “Coming From” qualifying R14-2018* perpetual licenses not on an active maintenance plan
(expired on or before December 31, 2017)
Recent products titles listed. Eligible products are all equivalent titles from R14-2018.
|General Design||Autodesk® AutoCAD® / Autodesk® AutoCAD® for Mac*|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|AEC||Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture / Architectural Desktop|
|Autodesk® Architectural/ Architectural Professional/ Architectural Designer|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil/ Civil 3D®|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil Series|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® LT Civil Suite|
|Autodesk® Fabrication Products|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Land Development Dsktp (LDDT)/ Land Dsktp (LDT)|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map3D|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map3D Enterprise|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® MEP|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® P&ID|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D|
|Autodesk® Plant Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Visualization Suite|
|Autodesk® Building Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® Building Services|
|Autodesk® InfraWorks™/ Infrastructure Modeler|
|Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage|
|Autodesk® Revit® Architecture/Revit® MEP/Revit® Structure & Revit® Suites|
|Autodesk® Revit® Building|
|Autodesk® Revit® Series /Building|
|Autodesk® Revit® Series – AutoCAD®, Structure, Systems Plus|
|Autodesk® Robot™ Structural Analysis/Professional|
|Autodesk® Advance Steel Premium/ Advance Steel AutoCAD® Bundle|
|CAiCE Visual Construction/Roads/Survey/Survey and Roads|
|ANIM||Autodesk® 3ds Max®|
|Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design|
|Autodesk® 3ds Max® Real-Time Animation|
|Autodesk® 3ds VIZ®|
|Autodesk® Maya® LT*|
|Autodesk® Maya® Unlimited/Complete|
|Autodesk® Maya® Entertainment Creation Suite Standard|
|Autodesk® 3ds Max® Entertainment Creation Suite Standard|
|Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate|
|D&M||Autodesk® Alias Design|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Electrical|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD® Mechanical|
|Autodesk® Building Electrical|
|Autodesk® CFD Design Study Environment|
|Autodesk® CFD (Basic, Advanced, Motion)|
|Autodesk® Factory Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® HSMWorks Premium/Professional|
|Autodesk® Intent Professional|
|Autodesk® Inventor® HSM, Inventor HSM Professional|
|Autodesk® Inventor®/ Inventor® Engineer-to-Order/ Inventor® Professional/ Inventor® Publisher|
|Autodesk® Inventor® Series (AIS), Inventor Suite|
|Autodesk® Inventor® Suites – Professional, Routed, Simulation|
|Autodesk® Moldflow Adviser (Standard, Premium, Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® Moldflow Design|
|Autodesk® Moldflow Insight (Standard, Premium, Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® Moldflow Synergy|
|Autodesk® Nastran In-CAD|
|Autodesk® Product Design Suite (Standard, Premium, or Ultimate)|
|Autodesk® Simulation Mechanical|
|Autodesk® Vault Office|
|Autodesk® Vault Professional|
|Autodesk® Vault Workgroup|
|LT Family||Autodesk® AutoCAD® LT / Autodesk® AutoCAD® LT for Mac*|
|Autodesk® Inventor LT™|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD Inventor LT™ Suite|
|Autodesk® Revit LT™|
|Autodesk® AutoCAD Revit LT™ Suite|