Preparing and performing a Nesting Study
The first module in this course will introduce you to the core concepts of Inventor Nesting, enabling you prepare and complete your first nesting study.
This module takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Having completed this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for Shape Extraction
- Setup and complete a Nesting Study
This module requires user-level knowledge of Inventor and is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with this product, we recommend you to take foundational training using one of the resources below:
About the author
This module was recorded by one of the creators of Inventor Nesting - Bob Van Der Donck.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the Inventor software loaded.
- Download Inventor Nesting from your Autodesk Account (available only for subscribers of Design and Manufacturing Collections).
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.
- To collaborate with other industry professionals taking the module, or if you have questions or feedback during the module, please visit the module Forum.
These downloadable resources will be used to complete units in this module: