Inventor for Mechanical Design Professional Certification Prep
Advances in technology are changing the way we work and the skills demanded by industry. Professionals need to demonstrate their knowledge to be competitive and meet workforce standards. Explore the skills covered in the Autodesk Certified Professional in Inventor for Mechanical Design certification exam. Follow along with lessons, datasets, and exercises to practice and review the exam topics on your own. You can also test your knowledge by taking a practice test to prepare for the certification exam. It’s all about practice and preparation.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- See and explore modeling workflows that you might not currently use.
- Work through challenges that give you hands-on experience with advanced tools in Inventor.
- Review the topics covered on the Autodesk Certified Professional in Inventor for Mechanical Design certification exam.
This course was authored using Inventor 2023. You may notice course resources are accessed differently for earlier versions of Inventor. See course resources for more details.
Learn more about how to prepare for the Autodesk Certified Professional in Inventor for Mechanical Design exam.
See where you stand
Explore best practices for managing the location of files, libraries of standard content, and preferences.
Learn the many different approaches most commonly used by mechanical designers and engineers for creating and managing 3D solid models.
Learn about the skills associated with complex part modeling workflows.
Learn more advanced features of sheet metal creation and detailing tools and learn how to apply them in real-world scenarios.
Explore creating and managing assemblies as well as import and work with data from other CAD systems in Autodesk Inventor.
Explore each step of the process from connecting parts to preparing them for welding and augmenting the design after.
Learn how to create advanced drawing views and annotations following industry best practices.
Explore how to best use advanced tools to automate and improve building families of components, assemblies, or features.
Take the challenge exercise to measure your skills on the topics covered in this course.
Ready to test your knowledge?
Teaching this course to students in the classroom?
Use this instructor guide to incorporate this course into your lesson plans. You can also send your students directly to the course as self-guided learning. They can learn at their own pace, track their own progress, and earn a certificate of completion when they get 75% or more on the final test.
Download the instructor resources
Want to create custom learning playlists to share with your students?
Share modules and courses using Lists. Once you create a List, share the URL with your students and they can sign into their Autodesk Account to access.
- To create a List, select [+] 'Add to list' in the banner of a course or module.
- To share a list with others, set the list visibility to Public and share the link.
This course was updated in January 2023.
- New sample test questions and test taking tips.
- Updated videos to reflect the latest Inventor user interface.
- Updated practice and challenge exercises.
- New instructor guide to help educators and instructors teach this content in classroom.
- New practice test aligned to the certification exam objectives.
- Modules are now standalone, so you can pick and choose individual modules to add to your Playlist and share with others.