Learn to set up, machine, and verify a CNC program digitally using CAM. Special care is be taken to review a detailed drawing and 3D model, any work holding requirements when setting up and programming a simple part, and verifying tool motion digitally before moving to a physical machine. We’ll then pay attention to the coordinate system location of a part and any order of operations required.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Create a CAM setup to CNC mill a 3D model.
- Import and create a digital tool library.
- Set up feeds and speeds for tooling.
- Use 2D toolpaths to rough and finish a simple part.
- Verify tool motion through simulation.
- Create required setup sheet and NC program.