Get the practice and understanding to identify combinations of axes and how to efficiently program. We'll review best practices to prepare an initial design for manufacture, set up a tool library and machine definition, create a digital twin of the physical manufacturing environment, and explore both multi-axis positioning and simultaneous multi-axis toolpaths. Follow along as we learn the CAM workflow for multi-axis machining in Fusion 360.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Prepare a design for manufacture.
- Create a digital twin of multi-axis workholding.
- Define a digital CNC machine.
- Understand multi-axis work offsets.
- Create 3+1 and 3+2 roughing and finishing operations.
- Create simultaneous multi-axis operations.
- Create supporting documentation for a CAM setup.
Image courtesy of Conturo Prototyping.