Creating Sections and Exploded Views
Creating Sections and Exploded Views in the Autodesk Viewer.
In this exercise you will use the section tools in the Autodesk Viewer to view a cut away section of the model. You will also display the model in an exploded view.
You need to have access to a shared view to work through these steps. If you have not created a shared view in the previous practice do that now. If you do not have access to Revit, ask someone who does to create a shared view for you. You can use any project and the project used here is also available through the course dataset.
- Open the Small Medical Center shared view through Revit or through a link that was shared with you.
- This opens the default web browser with the Autodesk Viewer and the shared view.
- Zoom in on the model.
- In the tool bar across the bottom of the screen expand Section and click X Plane.
- Hover near the arrow until it turns yellow and then move it back and forth to change the cut plane of the section.
- Hover over the arcs and test how the angle of the section changes.
- Click on Y Plane and try the sections again.
- Repeat with Z Plane. Rotate the view as needed to see the part of the building you want to view.
- Select the Box tool and modify the size and orientation of the box using the arrows and the plane modifiers.
- Click on the Box tool again to remove the section.
- In the tool bar click Explode. Use the slider bar to modify the distance the elements are from each other