To provide the best experience for all of the Fusion 360 communities, two new subscription types are being introduced: Fusion 360 for personal use and Fusion 360 for startups.
These new subscription types replace the existing hobbyist/startup subscription types but remain free for personal use and qualifying startups.
Effective today, Fusion 360 is available through the following four subscription types to address the needs of our multiple Fusion 360 communities:
- Fusion 360 – for professional, commercial purposes
- Fusion 360 for personal use – for non-commercial use (some exceptions apply)
- Fusion 360 for startups – for startups developing new products (qualifications are required)
- Fusion 360 for education – for educational institutions or student use only.
What does this mean for me?
Please, take a look below for information regarding your current subscription type and aligned offerings:
Fusion 360 commercial subscribers: No action is needed! There are no changes to your commercial subscription. You’ll continue to have access to everything Fusion 360 has to offer for as long as you continue to renew.
Fusion 360 hobbyist/startup subscribers: Action is required by the end of your term! Effective today, the prior hobbyist/startup subscription type is no longer available for renewal or new subscriptions. “By the end of your existing term, you’ll need to choose from the subscription types below (Fusion 360 Personal vs. Startup):
- Fusion 360 for personal use (new) – For non-commercial use only. You’ll have access to everything you need for personal projects, including all the design, engineering, documentation, and manufacturing capabilities included in a current Fusion 360 commercial subscription. Access to collaboration, data management capabilities and commercial software translators (NX, Catia, Solidworks, Creo, and Inventor) is not included. Also, support is provided through our community forums for this subscription type. If you’d like to continue with Fusion 360 for personal use, please follow these instructions to convert to the new offering.
- Fusion 360 for startups (new) – We remain committed to offering you Fusion 360 as a free, fully- functional, commercial-based software. Additionally, we want to ensure you can stay compliant in the future. A registration and approval process is now required to verify that you meet the criteria outlined here. If approved, you’ll get the same access as the regular commercial subscription offering. Apply today.
For instructions on how to register for any of these subscription types, click here. If you need more information regarding what capabilities and features are included with each subscription type, please see here.
To see an in-depth explanation of the various Fusion 360 license types, take a look at the following video:
Want all that Fusion 360 has to offer? Don’t wait, subscribe today.
Get all the features and services that Fusion 360 has to offer, including:
- Phone and email technical support
- Powerful collaboration and data management for your entire team
- All standard and commercial translators (NX, Catia, SOLIDWORKS, Inventor, PTC Creo, etc.)
- ANYCAD (non-destructive, native CAD translation and referencing)
Prefer to speak with someone? Contact a Fusion 360 sales representative:
USA and Canada: +1 833 843 3437
JPN (Asia): +81 0800 080 4228
EMEA Hub: + 44 203 8722950
UK: +44 8081 699659
Germany: +49 8941 207104
France: +33 1 75 85 05 80
Spain: +34 9312 25042
Italy: +39 0 212 4120560