This update address issues related to data uploads, sketching, and CAM. Data upload: Fixed issue with…
September 19, 2015 Update – What’s New
In addition to the focus of delivering a new SIM workspace, live review functionality, as well as keyboard shorcuts this time around, we also had a highly prioritized focus on fixing crash-related issues, improving stability and performance, as well as crushing a large number bugs. We believe we’ve really moved the needle on this front, hence why everyone on the team is pumped to get this update out the door and into your hands. Here is the list of what went into this update.
New Strength Testing & Simulation Workspace
- Single body and multi-body linear static analysis. ( IdeaStation )
- Modal frequencies analysis.
- Simulation data and results are integrated into web and mobile experiences for easy collaboration.
- New tutorials for Static Stress and Modal Frequencies in Step-by-step. Access the tutorials from the Help menu then go to the Function group.
- Cloud solve functionality is currently work-in-progress.
New Design review experience
- Real time multi-user design review.
- Synchronous design review works between desktop client and web client as well as web client to web client.
- New A360 User experience
- View the version of the design that aligns with the comment.
- Switch to the Fusion 360 workspace in which the comment was made.
- Orient the design to the same orientation in which the comment was made.
Continue to improve the new A360 Experience
- Renderings in Immersive view
- Presenter mode in Live Review
- Support Simulation data
- Support for Wikis
- Onboarding improvements
Modeling and Design
- Added a component selection option in the rectangular and circular pattern dialogs. You can then select components in the canvas as well as in the browser.
- Assembly improvement: revise the Snapshot command name and prompt to reduce unnecessary snapshot creation.
- Basic keyboard shortcuts. These shortcuts are available in applicable workspaces.
Toggle Component Color Cycling
Command + B or Ctrl + B
Shift + J
Center Diameter Circle
Normal / Construction
Scripts and Add-ins
Shift + S
Here is a convenient visual layout of the shortcuts for you to save on your machine or mobile device (or print).
Viewport Quality and Performance
- Sketch dimensions now offset from sketch lines for better visuals
- Improve the thumbnail image display in A360 and Fusion 360 data panel
- Continued improvements for performance and stability of the animation workspace.
- Can directly override the path or degree of rotation of a move or rotation action from the animation timeline
- New selection options for the animation timeline, including Select All After and Select All Before for easier group action editing
- Allow users to draw associative centerlines (IS)
- Allow users to place associative center marks (IS)
- Allow users to align balloons, and renumber balloons and parts list entries (IS)
- Allow users to place a parts list with bottom to top ordering (IS)
- Allow users to restore default properties on drawing annotations (IS)
- Show users tips and tricks when displaying a command dialog.
- Improve stability of the Drawings environment.
- Only allow vaporize mode for laser cutting.
- Added computer compensation support for waterjet, laser and plasma cutting.
- Improved the Radii plane experience for turning operations.
- Forbid dragging operation sub nodes in the Documents tool library folders in Tool Library manager dialog.
- Added Turning Tool Cross Section X type.
- Added posts: BoXZY, Siemens turning post, MyDIYCNC, Carbide3D.
- Major updated posts: HAAS UMC-750, OMAX, Shopbot, Pocket NC, Smoothie.
- Minor update on other post files.
- Added Duplicate function in browser node context menu for operations, folders and setup.
Application Programming Interface (API)
- Additional assembly related functionality; as built joints and rigid groups.
- Save Copy As of a component.
- Access to physical properties and material of a component.
- Import local neutral files to a new document or existing component.
- New Add-Ins toolbar in the main ribbon panel.
- Continuing feature coverage for creation and edit. Support for minimal query of all features.
- Click here to see the full list of new API functionality.
- In-product tutorials for the Simulation workspace
- Tips and Tricks content improvements.
- Tooltips improvements.
- Learning center website improvements.
- YouTube channel playlists updated and reorganized into tutorial topics.
- Fixed top 27% of issues that caused crashes based on Customer Error Reports (CERs), spread over 100 CER buckets.
- Addressed 15 modeling-specific CER buckets in addition to the top 27%.
- Fixed unpredictable compute behavior in Variable Fillet and Combine tools.
- over 40 sketch solve issues fixed in the sketching functionality.
- Changing parameters now takes 15 seconds instead of 5 minutes
- Editing dimensions now takes 8 seconds instead of 40 seconds
- Improve performance in assemblies and modeling.
- New install time now averaging 4-5 mins instead of 10-15 mins
- New update time now averaging 2 mins instead of 2-6 mins
CAM Tool Library
- Fixed the issue that Feed/speed and holder information are missing when exporting a new tool library file (*.json) to an old one (*.hsmlib).
- Fixed a crash issue when clicking Edit Tool… button in tool selector dialog.
- Fixed the problem where editing a newly created tool that was created from Tool Selector dialog will not invalidate the existing operations.
- Fixed the problem where tool parameters show incorrect values after changing the tool unit to be different from the document unit.
- Add shortcut key combinations to: Edit Tool, Delete Tool, Import Tool Library, Export Tool Library, Renumber tools and Duplicate tool.
- Fixed the issue where a cloud library file could be missing in a certain workflow.
(IS) = IdeaStation Request