Learn just these 5 keyboard shortcuts and work faster in Fusion 360 than ever before!
Quick Tip: Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
Customizing your keyboard shortcuts in Fusion 360 is the best way to improve your CAD/CAM efficiency. Every CAD/CAM master I have met uses keyboard shortcuts better than a musician on the piano. Although keyboard shortcuts aren’t the only way to customize Fusion 360, make sure to use your s-key as well.
Let’s get to the nitty gritty on creating custom keyboard shortcuts.
- Find a command in your toolbar. Even look for commands in other workspaces.
- Once you find your command, hover for a second, then hit the three vertical dots (shown below).
- Pick your favorite key or combo of keys to set as your new custom keyboard shortcut.
- Accepts Modifier key combos
- Like to get fancy? Use modifier keys (Shift, Control, Alt/Option, and Command) to make the most of your keyboard combinations.
- Saves to your Fusion 360 account
- Did you forget your laptop today? Don’t worry, what ever computer you sign in to Fusion 360 with your account information, your custom keyboard shortcuts will be the same.
Make sure you watch this video to see custom keyboard short cuts in action:
Here are a few extra frequently asked questions you may find informing:
Can I use more than 1 alpha key?
- No. CKS will take any combination of modifier keys but will only take 1 alphanumeric key.
Can Finish Sketch have a key combo?
Can I assign keys to Stop Sketch?
Why can’t I use Command + S as a custom key combo? What’s up with that?
- Some key combos are off limits to CKS since they have system level priority. These key combos are:
- Undo: ctrl+Z (Windows), command+Z (Mac)
- save: ctrl+S (Windows), command+S (Mac)
- copy: ctrl+C (Windows), command+C (Mac)
- paste: ctrl+V (Windows), command+V (Mac)
- cut: ctrl+X (Windows), command+X (Mac)
- redo: ctrl+Y (Windows), command+shift+Z (Mac)
- open: ctrl+O (Windows), command+O (Mac) (currently work-in-progress)
Is there a way to see all the custom keys I have set instead of individual ones?
- Not yet, but we’re working on it as phase 2 of this project.
What else are you doing for Phase 2?
- We’re working on giving you keys for display setting > visual style, keys for view-cube views, and better ways to share your custom keys with your team.