Are you wondering how to install Autodesk Fusion 360? Check out this easy guide for both Windows and Mac users.
We’re often asked how to install Autodesk Fusion 360 on both Windows and Mac computers. If you’re interested in trying Fusion 360 for the first time, we have good news! It’s super easy to install and get started designing within moments. Follow this guide for step-by-step instructions.
Step 1: Sign up for a Fusion 360 License
The first step is to sign up for a Fusion 360 license based on your needs:
- Fusion 360 Commercial Subscription
- Note: There is a 30 day fully-featured trial that is available before purchasing a subscription.
- Fusion 360 for Educational Use (free for qualifying students and educators)
- Fusion 360 for personal use, hobby use (free, for non-commercial use)
- Fusion 360 for startup use (free for eligible venture-backed, angel-backed, or bootstrap startups that are less than 3 years old and have 10 or fewer employees.
- Note: You need to apply for a start-up license. It is not automatically granted and is subject to denial.
Each different license type has its own sign-up process that must be fully completed before being activated.
Once you obtain your Fusion 360 license, you can visit your Autodesk Account to view your available licenses or create an Autodesk Account if you have not done so. Commercial subscribers who purchased a license can also manage the license users and view subscription and billing information.
Step 2: Download and Install Fusion 360
Once you have obtained your license for Fusion 360, you are now ready to download and install Fusion 360! Fusion 360 is a cloud product, so it always downloads the latest updates to run on the most current version. To ensure your machine is equipped to run Fusion 360, review the System Requirements for Fusion 360.
Follow the steps below to get started today:
1. Visit manage.autodesk.com and select All Products and Services
2. Click the Download Now button next to the Fusion 360 Product. There are multiple services that come with Fusion 360, so make sure you select Download Now.
3. After clicking Download Now, you will be redirected to a webpage where the download for the installer will automatically occur. Note: The webpage detects what Operating System you are using and either provides a Windows install file or a Mac install file.
4. Once the file is downloaded, run the installer to start the process.
5. Once the installer successfully completes, Fusion 360 will automatically run for the first time and you will be asked to sign in to your Autodesk Account using your email address and password.
Now you know how to install Autodesk Fusion 360 on a Mac or Windows computer! Click the link below to get started today: