Hey everyone, we have an update that addresses issues reported by our community. The following…
December 16, 2015 Update – What’s New
In this update, we’ve made usability enhancements to various parts of the software that should make retrieving information and other behaviors more intuitive, consistent, and efficient.
December 16, 2015
Modeling – Measure tool improvements (IdeaStation Request)
- Measure command remembers The XYZ Delta setting
- The XYZ dimension text for the Measure command is displayed in the canvas.
- The color and thickness of measure dimension is improved in the canvas.
CAM – New 2D Chamfer tool
- New 2D Chamfer command is fully aware of the 3D model and auto trims the toolpath to avoid collisions. Check out the video to see the benefits.
Simulation – Prism Material Improvements
- Improved performance of the Study Materials list. (Mac only)
- Added vertical scrollbar to the Study Materials list. (Mac only)
Data and collaboration – Consistent Save Behavior Across Capture Image, Save Render, and Save Animation
- File > Capture Image defaults to save to the cloud project with an option to save the the desktop. You can save to both in the same operation.
- Render > Capture Image defaults to save to the cloud project with an option to save the the desktop. You can save to both in the same operation.
- Animation > Publish defaults to save to the cloud project with an option to save the the desktop. You can save to both in the same operation.
- Added material styles to the Physical Materials library to more closely match the Appearance Materials.
Stability and Performance Improvements
- Improve stability of gesture based navigation with Apple trackpad.
- Fixed a crash under specific circumstances when you break link for a distributed design.
- Fixed a crash related to the Fusion 360 toolbar.
To get the update, simply restart Fusion 360 and the update should automatically begin to download in the background. We’re always interested in your feedback, so please drop us a line in our forum and tell us what you think.
Cheers and enjoy!
The Fusion 360 Team