Connect with Your Community at AU 2023
Structured learning is an essential part of the AU experience, whether you’re talking about classes, Theater talks, or Design Thinking Workshops. But the unstructured (or less-structured) experiences—the opportunities to connect and converse—are just as important.
AU is more than a conference, after all, it’s a community where professionals from the Design and Make industries come together to share how they’re adapting to the challenges of transformation today, what they’re considering next, and why it matters.
We’ll have many ways for you to build your professional network at AU 2023, with opportunities for everything from casual conversations with peers to career-changing connections with experts. Who knows? You just might make a friend for life.
Orientation is self-serve this year. Whether this is your first AU or your tenth, stop by the Orientation tables next to the registration desks to get answers to all your questions. They’ll be organized by industry, activity, and area, with folks that can help you find your way around and plan your schedule.
Whenever you need to take a meeting, take a break, or just recharge a device, step into the Community Zone. Play a few rounds of cornhole, cuddle with a therapy dog, build and race a LEGO® car, or contribute a few blocks to the KAPLA® construction project whenever you please. You can also engage with Autodesk groups inside the Community Zone:
- Idea Exchange: Connect directly with Autodesk designers, product managers, and engineers to give feedback and influence the future direction of our products and services.
- Fireside Chats: Join your fellow Autodesk Community members to connect face-to-face, share your knowledge, and get inspired.
- Inclusion Impact Zone: Connect across borders, fostering global inclusion and participation, while strengthening your company's culture and promoting a profound sense of belonging with Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Voice of the Customer: Share your thoughts with Autodesk and let your voice be heard.
After-class connection lounges
When the class you’ve attended is over but there’s still more to discuss, follow the speaker down to the room at the end of the hallway where classes occur on Levels 3 and 4. You’ll find a dedicated space where speakers and attendees can chat. Stop in anytime.
Good things happen when you get together with like-minded people. That’s what AU Meetups are about. Each one has a focus, but no agenda—it’s just a chance to gather, converse, and connect. You can find them all (and enroll) in the session catalog. Don’t miss these Meetups:
- • Autodesk Simulation and Generative Design Users Meetup
- • Sustainable Solutions Meetup: Strategists, Technologists, & Professionals
- • Industrialized Construction and DfMA Meetup
- • Design & Manufacturing Community Meetup
- • Preconstruction Managers Meetup
- • Fusion 360 Manufacturing Community Meetup
Looking for a fun way to work out at the conference? Start your day with a game of the fastest growing sport in the U.S.—pickleball! We’ll have a few courts set up in Hall G (Picklehall G, anyone?), so stop in and play a set between 6:30 and 8:30 AM on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. And make sure you stay out of the kitchen!
Receptions and meals
Learning can be hard work. Make sure you save some time to enjoy yourself and fuel your AU week with these receptions and meals:
- Welcome Reception: Stop in Sunday night to meet new people and reconnect with folks you know.
- Women at AU: Join women in industry and allies on Monday evening to connect and build community.
- Birds of a Feather lunches: Lunch will be served each day in Hall A near the Expo. Some tables will feature industry topics and fun discussion starters so that you can find some common ground with other attendees. So whether you’re in the mood to discuss virtual reality, industrialized construction, Star Wars, or barbecue recipes, be sure to flock together with your people.
- Networking receptions in the Expo: Conclude your AU day on Monday and Tuesday with drinks and hors d'oeuvres while you explore the exhibits featuring the technologies of today—and tomorrow.
- AU Party—The Design and Make Celebration: Cap off your week of learning and connection with a party at the Palms, featuring great music, delicious food and drinks, fun activities, and incredible entertainment.
We transform together. AU is the place to build your professional network and expand your professional community to drive better outcomes for your career, your company, and your entire industry. Register now and join us.