AIA-Approved Classes at AU 2023
Building your skills, developing your professional network, finding new solutions to problems both new and old—that’s what AU is all about, no matter what Design and Make industry you work in.
For architects, it’s also a chance to fulfill some of the 18 continued learning units (LUs) required to maintain your membership in the American Institute of Architects (AIA), including the 12 required Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) learning units required each year.
We have more than 238 AIA-approved classes for in-person attendees at AU 2023, including 10 classes approved for HSW LU credits. We also have six AIA-approved digital classes that will count for basic LU credits if you watch the live stream with an AU 2023 Digital Pass. LUs break down to the quarter hour, so a 90-minute AIA-approved AU class is worth 1.5 LUs.
Check out these AIA-approved classes that count toward HSW LUs for in-person attendees:
- Achieve Sustainable Development Goals with Generative Design in AEC—Monday, Nov 13 | 8:15 AM - 9:45 AM PST
- Data-Driven, Automated Digital-Design Workflow for Safety Roads in Korea—Monday, Nov 13 | 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM PST
- Envision Your Project Sustainability Goals with Autodesk Water Solutions—Monday, Nov 13 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM PST
- Green Buildings to Net-Zero Buildings: Using Autodesk CFD—Tuesday, Nov 14 | 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM PST
- Path to Net Zero: Validating New Materials and Strategies for Decarbonization—Tuesday, Nov 14 | 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM PST
If you’re joining us with a free AU 2023 Digital Pass, you can log credits with these AIA-approved live-streamed sessions:
- Hosting Design Reviews in XR: A Practical Guide for Today's Hybrid Work Environment—Monday, Nov 13 | 8:15 AM - 9:45 AM PST
- Civil 3D Tips, Tricks, and Unnatural Acts: AU 2023 Edition—Tuesday, Nov 14 | 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM PST
- Delivering a Material Passport from Strategy to Customer Value—Tuesday, Nov 14 | 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM PST
- Digging into Surface Modeling with Civil 3D and ArcGIS—Wednesday, Nov 15 | 8:15 AM - 9:45 AM PST
- Grading Optimization: Making Choices that Benefit Automatic Grading—Wednesday, Nov 15 | 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM PST
- Connecting Scotland: Accelerating Delivery in Major Highway Projects—Wednesday, Nov 15 | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM PST
To receive AIA credit, provide your AIA number when you register for your pass, or add it to your profile now. After the event, we’ll provide the attendance record to the AIA, and the credits will appear on your transcript. Note that digital attendees must attend the live-streamed version of the class to get credit. No credit can be earned watching a class on demand.
Advancing your career, building your community, getting inspired—there are many reasons to join your Design and Make community at AU. Logging some or all of those required AIA credits is just one more good reason. If you still need to make the case for attending AU to your manager, be sure to mention it.