Traditionally, when architectural projects moved to construction, information-rich models were turned into 2D drawings. Vast quantities of data were lost in the process, then recreated. Today, the industry is undergoing an information revolution, adopting digitized workflows that connect the building process from design through preconstruction, construction, and operations. Workflows are becoming integrated, data analytics are becoming simplified, and new approaches like DfMA are becoming more agile and easier to coordinate. These changes are reducing rework and making construction safer, more predictable, and more sustainable.
AU 2020 is the place to explore the future of connected construction. Whether you’re a VDC manager, contractor, subcontractor, or owner, our first global digital AU conference gives you the chance to learn from industry experts, discover how other professionals are solving problems, and gain new perspective on what’s ahead for your industry. There’s no cost to attend, but registration is required for access—register now.
Join us on November 17 for the General Session followed by the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Keynote, featuring a dedicated section just for construction professionals. You’ll learn about emerging trends and advances in technology, and how leading companies are putting them to work. You’ll hear about new ways to coordinate models and design, share data, and collaborate across disciplines. Discover new kinds of automation that make it easier to do more with BIM. And explore how digital twins can improve the build process, as well as handover and management.
Get a sneak peek of the 750+ new AU 2020 classes available on demand starting November 17. Led by industry professionals and Autodesk experts, these classes will be supported by more than 350 live Q&As starting November 18, along with live panels and roundtables. While you do need to register for the conference, you don’t need to sign up for individual classes. Stay tuned for more information and a schedule of class Q&As.
Check out these and other construction classes at AU 2020:
- What Is Construction Cloud | John Sanner
- The BIM 360 Surgery Live: 45 Tips in 45 Minutes | Jonathan Hand
- Handling the Digital Model Using Forge APIs (Model Coordination and Design Automation) | Charles Piro
- Reimagining Construction: 3D Printing of Large-Scale Structures | Negar Kalantar
- Social and Economic Equity: How to Advance Minority-Owned Enterprises in AEC | Amie Kromis
- How Media Can Help Drive More Diversity in the Construction Industry | Niyati Desai
- ReCap to the Max, Part Deux: Clouds in BIM 360 and Advanced Renovation Workflows | Mark LaBell
- Sustainable Construction Solutions That Reduce Time, Labor, and Cost | Brenden Morton
- RebarCAD 3D: A BIM Tool for 3D Rebar Detailing and Revision Management in Revit | John Kochummen
- New Business Models and Digital Platforms in Construction 4.0 | Oliver Lepinoy
Beyond the classroom
In addition to on-demand classes and live sessions, there are many other ways to learn, connect, and explore at AU 2020. Here are a few highlights:
Visit the Theater for 15-minute talks from industry visionaries about their work. Construction professionals may be interested in these talks:
- Mania Meibodi shares how computational design and large-scale additive manufacturing enable more sustainable building practices.
- Amr Raafat showcases advances in automation and prefabrication at Windover.
- Dylan Wood discusses new approaches to self-shaping timber construction based on computational design methods.
Celebrate the people and processes behind the world’s best construction projects with the Autodesk Excellence Awards Program.
Check out on-demand documentary films about leading construction companies and their projects. And don't miss our new series, The Queen of Prefab, featuring our own Amy Marks interviewing four leading companies that are advancing industrialized construction to get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into designing and fabricating the future.
Connect virtually with peers and likeminded professionals at live meetups featuring facilitated conversations around topics that are transforming how we design, make, and build.
All week long, you can head over to the Answer Bar for 1-on-1 technical support or to get answers to your questions related to BIM 360, the Autodesk Construction Cloud, and other Autodesk products.
AU 2020 will connect the global AU learning community as never before to share knowledge, insight, and perspective. Join your community to move your industry forward together. All you need to do now is register in advance and stay tuned for more details.