AU 2020 provides an exceptional opportunity for civil engineers, city planners, contractors, and project managers to stay abreast of recent industry changes and look ahead to what’s coming next. With expert-led classes, a host of live sessions, and big ideas on the main stage, our first global digital conference is the place to develop new skills, gain greater perspective, and see how you fit into the future of infrastructure. There’s no cost to attend AU 2020, but registration is required, so register now.
From road to rail, water to waste, the processes for designing and building infrastructure are becoming more connected and intelligent with the help of digital tools and workflows. We have new ways to collaborate and share data and ideas. New approaches are helping us analyze sites, explore design possibilities, and empower stakeholders to make better decisions. New kinds of automation are enabling new levels of efficiency and precision. And as our tools evolve, more becomes possible every year.
Day One of the conference will be essential viewing. It starts with the General Session, featuring industry insights and work from visionary companies. In the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Keynote, civil engineers will learn about new levels of interoperability and new ways to use machine learning and artificial intelligence to accelerate projects. From automated grading optimization and road design to easier access to GIS data in your design tools, you’ll discover important ways to make your data do more.
Turn big ideas and insights into new skills and better workflows with on-demand class learning from industry professionals and Autodesk experts. Preview 750+ new AU 2020 classes that will be available starting November 17. These will be supported by more than 350 live Q&As starting November 18, along with live panels and roundtables. While you need to register for the conference, you don’t need to sign up for individual classes. Stay tuned for more information and a schedule of class Q&As.
Check out these and other civil engineering classes at AU 2020:
- Equity and the Built Environment: A Conversation on DEI in the Industry | Esther Dsouza
- Nothing but Net: Meet the Next-Generation AutoCAD Plant 3D Collaboration with BIM 360 Docs | David Manning
- Supercharge Your Dynamo Graph with Civil 3D Toolkit | Jowenn Lua
- Bridge Design Workflow: Best Practices for Data Exchange | Michel Beaulieu
- Building One Kilometer of City Street in AutoCAD Civil 3D for 90 Minutes | Oleg Konovalov
- How to Collaborate on a Mega Metro Project Using BIM 360 and an Open BIM Approach | Cecilie Irgens
- Empowering a Shift: MicroStation to Civil 3D | Anand Stephen
- AutoCAD Plant 3D, Civil 3D, and Revit Together: Cross-Platform Design with BIM 360 | Patrick Flora
- Civil 3D: Tips, Tricks, and Unnatural Acts | Jerry Bartels
- Connecting BIM and GIS: The New Reality of Environmental Projects | Pal Porkolab
- Allies at Last: Getting Architects and Engineers on the Same Coordinate Page | Nick Sipes
Explore 15-minute talks from thought leaders in the Theater. Those who work in civil engineering might be interested in these, among the 30+ that are scheduled:
- Paul Murphy examines how automation and virtual mobility will impact the way we plan and build infrastructure—and entire cities.
- Julieta Moradei shares the process for designing and building the world’s first 3D-printed community in Tabasco, Mexico.
- Danielle Civitillo discusses the role that civil engineering has played in systemic racism in the United States, and how we can build more equitable communities.
Beyond the classroom
Classes are central to the AU experience, but we’ll also have other important ways to explore and learn. Here are a few highlights:
- Discover industry-leading infrastructure projects during the Autodesk Excellence Awards Program.
- Tune in for the Infrastructure: Welcome and Updates video featuring Theo Agelopoulos, senior director of Infrastructure Strategy & Marketing at Autodesk, as he shares Autodesk’s vision for the infrastructure industry and the future of design. He will be joined by customers from the City Rail Link Alliance in New Zealand and BHP from Australia. They will share how their projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation using Autodesk solutions.
- Watch a short on-demand video on better project delivery workflows featuring Autodesk and infrastructure customers. Learn how cloud collaboration with BIM 360 Design is enabling resiliency through disruption and better collaboration and data management for civil engineers and plant design professionals.
- Check out the Civil Design Advancements and Innovations on-demand video that features the key announcements and enhancements in the Autodesk civil infrastructure design solution portfolio over the past year. This presentation showcases the latest capabilities to enhance design efficiencies, integrated workflows, automation, and optimization. It highlights developments in road, bridge, and rail design, and introduces new innovations for terrain grading optimization.
- Don't miss the BIM & GIS: Data-Centered Design video to hear about what’s next in the world of BIM and GIS as we celebrate the third anniversary of our strategic alliance with Esri. We'll show how we achieve our collective goals for our customers to remove silos and connect disparate teams with integrated solutions that enable workflows which help to reduce risk, inefficiencies, data loss, and cycle times. Hear directly from Esri about their latest development work. And our customer Nigel Stroud from London Heathrow Airport will share how the integration of BIM and GIS is driving value for their business.
- Catch the Design Slam: Master Class, a virtual version of a favorite AU annual event. Top design professionals will show you how they solve a design challenge, click by click, with separate challenges for architecture and infrastructure. This event will be livestreamed, so be sure to tune in, and comment or ask questions during the event.
- Connect virtually with peers and likeminded professionals at live meetups on topics related to infrastructure and transportation.
- Visit the Answer Bar anytime during the week to talk with product experts and get 1-on-1 technical support for Civil 3D, InfraWorks, ReCap, and more.
We’ll share more details about AU 2020 as they become available. For now, be sure to register in advance and stay tuned.