AU 2020 is the place to be for architects who want to learn about the latest trends in their industry and how new digital tools are changing our approach to the built world. We’re bringing the AU experience to you wherever you are with our first global digital event, November 17-20. It’s a chance to build your skills, expand your professional network, and get inspired by the new possible. There’s no cost to attend AU 2020, but registration is required, so register now.
Mark your calendar for Day One of the conference. It starts with a visionary General Session at 9 a.m., Pacific time, featuring leading projects from across industries. Stay tuned for the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Keynote that follows to learn how firms are connecting their teams and their data in new ways, automating processes and combining the digital and real worlds.
Ready to improve your workflows and build your skills with class learning from industry experts and Autodesk product leads? Preview 750+ new AU 2020 classes available on demand starting November 17. And save time for live Q&As starting November 18—we’ll have 350+ to choose from, along with live panels and roundtables. While you need to register for the conference, you don’t need to sign up for individual classes. Stay tuned for more information and a schedule of class Q&As.
Here’s just a taste of AU 2020 learning for architects:
- Generative Design in Revit for Workspace Layout | Tomasz Fudala
- An Approach to Environmental Justice in Design and Construction | James Kitchin
- Generative Design—Daylighting and CFD: A Practical Application for a Nonprofit | Luc Wing
- 8 Yrs’ Worth of Dynamo and Revit Classes from 1 Speaker in 60 Min Volume 2 | Marcello Sgambelluri
- The Revit Dirty Dozen: 12 Things to Not Do in a Revit File and How to Fix It | Maria Montgomery
- Allies at Last: Getting Architects and Engineers on the Same Coordinate Page | Nick Sipes
- Achieving Better Frame Rates with Revit Models in Unreal Engine | Orlando Orozco
- Equity and the Built Environment: A Conversation on DEI in the Industry | Esther Dsouza
- Outcomes Are What Matter: Shifting to a Results-Based Design Process | Emily Bisaga Dunne
- El realismo no es un lujo: render de interiores con con 3D’s Max y Arnold | Leonardo Alatorre Zavala
Take a break from class-based learning and soak up some big ideas and thought leadership with 15-minute Theater talks. Architects might be interested in these talks:
- David Weir-McCall takes a deep dive into the expectations and realities for digital twins in architecture.
- Anton Dy Buncio discusses how generative design can change architecture and democratize the built environment.
- Nicolas Fonta shares how XR experiences can improve and accelerate the building design process.
Beyond the classroom
Connect with fellow attendees and add your voice to the conversation about the future of your industry with these live meetups and activities happening during AU 2020:
- Catch the Design Slam: Master Class, a virtual version of a favorite AU annual event. Top AEC professionals will show you how they solve a design challenge, click by click, with separate challenges for building design and infrastructure.
- Join us for a special session of our monthly Architectural Community Virtual Meetups series to learn tips, tricks, and workflows from Beth Evanoo and Nauman Mysorewala.
- Get answers to all your questions and 1-on-1 tech support for Revit, AutoCAD, and the entire AEC Collection at the Answer Bar.
- Ask questions to find out where things are headed with Revit during a live Ask Me Anything session, hosted by Revit product managers.
- Watch on-demand videos on a range of industry topics, including project delivery, sustainability, outcome-based design, DfMA, and smart buildings.
- Spend an hour networking and conversing at the BIM Architecture Meetup.
- Learn about digital twins in architecture during a live meetup focused on training workers for dangerous on-site engineering jobs with virtual reality.
- Give your input on Autodesk products by participating in moderated research sessions during the week. Share your thoughts about the full AEC Collection in one or weigh in on generative design in architecture in another.
- Explore top architecture projects from around the world during the Autodesk Excellence Awards Program.
We’ll share more details as the event draws near. For now, be sure to register and stay tuned.