To download Service Pack 1, and get more guidance, visit the Autodesk Knowledge Network AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 page.
You can also download Service Pack 1 via …
- The Autodesk Desktop App
- Your Autodesk Accounts portal
Do you use add-ins for AutoCAD 2017 or AutoCAD 2017-based vertical products?
A new AutoCAD 2017 hotfix, available now, addresses an Exchange Apps problem introduced by Service Pack 1. Take a moment to visit the Autodesk Knowledge Network AutoCAD 2017 Exchange App autoloader hotfix page.
Are you running any AutoCAD-based vertical products? Remember: You need to install this AutoCAD service pack in addition to the service pack(s) for your vertical product(s).
The following information is lifted verbatim from the AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 Readme page. (It goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway: Read the Readme for install guidance and additional details.)
AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1: Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix the problems listed below.
- There were occasional crashes when inserting some blocks a second time.
- There were occasional crashes when zooming out of a drawing following the 3D orbit command.
- There were occasional crashes when purging DXF drawing files.
Web and Cloud
- There were occasional crashes when modifying the Online Options settings and signing in to Autodesk A360 from InfoCenter.
- There were occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD in Windows 10.
- There were occasional crashes when inputting the system time in long string format, and then using the DIM command.
- There were occasional crashes when switching layouts.
- There were occasional crashes when performing a 3D rotate in drawings containing a point cloud.
- There were occasional crashes when plotting to PDF using AccoreConsole.exe.
- There were occasional crashes when performing an Undo after detaching a reference using the External References palette.
- There were occasional crashes when PNG images were specified in a CUI resource file.
AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1: General Service Pack Updates
The following defects have been fixed:
- Xrefs on a frozen viewport layer would still be plotted.
- AutoCAD in Citrix might not default to the primary display adapter.
Open and Save
- Opening a drawing file using an Excel hyperlink was repositioning the AutoCAD application window.
- Importing a PDF Underlay that was attached with relative path could fail.
- The Xref status incorrectly displays the “Needs reloading” message when the dataset is opened from a UNC path to a shared folder.
- When opening drawings created with AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD might crash if the drawing was saved again.
- Plotting with certain visual styles might produce incorrect results.
- Migrating custom settings might fail.