AU 2022 New Orleans COVID-19 requirements for in-person attendance
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, the health, safety, and well-being of all attendees remains our top priority. While we are pleased to currently offer an in-person attendance option for AU, all in-person attendees for AU 2022 must comply with our COVID-19 protocols, which are subject to change at Autodesk’s discretion, and include the following:
We highly recommend that all in person AU attendees have received their primary series COVID-19 vaccination—meaning someone has had both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (mixed series if recognized by local government acceptable) or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
All AU attendees are required to take a self-administered COVID-19 antigen test within 24 hours prior to attending their first AU 2022 program and every 48 hours after their first test. Each attendee will be provided with an antigen test kit that includes 2 tests with their badge at check-in. You will not be required to submit your test results unless you test positive. Testing is based on the honor system.
Please continue to check this website for updated information as the event approaches.
Compliance with applicable laws
All attendees are responsible for understanding and complying with any COVID-19 government regulations relating to their travel to and from the event and presence at the event.
• If you test positive for COVID-19 while in New Orleans for the event, you should expect disruptions to your travel plans, so please keep that in mind when making plans to attend in person. The United States CDC currently requires individuals who test positive for COVID-19 to isolate for at least 5 days, wear a mask when around others, and not travel during the isolation period or the full 10-day period following positive test or symptom onset unless you can wear a mask around others for the duration of travel. For key US CDC COVID-19 guidelines, here are two resources to consult: Isolations and Precautions and Travel.
• In addition, the United States currently requires foreign national air travelers arriving in the US to be fully vaccinated with the primary series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine and to provide proof of vaccination prior to boarding an airplane to the US, with only limited exceptions.
• For more details on travel restrictions, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
• The CDC has determined that, for purposes of travel to the United States, accepted vaccines will include current U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved or authorized vaccines and World Health Organization (WHO) emergency use listing (EUL) vaccines.
• If you are traveling from outside the United States, testing requirements to enter the US and to return to your home country may apply. Please be sure to reference any applicable testing rules prior to booking travel and departing for the event. Country-specific information can be found here.
• At this time, we do not anticipate that attendees will be required to wear face coverings while attending the event. However, please wear a face covering if you are more comfortable doing so.
• Masks will be available at the Safety and Security desk.
• When going off-premises, masks and social distancing are highly recommended.
Anyone who experiences COVID-19 symptoms at AU should immediately stop attending any AU related programming or events and take a COVID-19 test. If you test negative for COVID-19, you can continue to attend AU in-person, but we highly recommend that you wear a mask and practice physical distancing. If you test positive for COVID-19, follow the steps outlined below.
If you test positive for COVID-19 during the event or within seven days thereafter, please submit to this COVID-19 Report Form and refer to the guidelines outlined here. Information collected through this form will be maintained in a confidential manner and access will be granted to only a limited number of employees within the People and Places team. The information provided in this form will not be used for any purpose other than COVID-19 safety and/or regulatory compliance and will only be retained for as long as Autodesk has a legitimate purpose to retain the data.
• If you are an Autodesk employee from France or the Netherlands, do not submit to the COVID-19 Report Form. Instead, follow the guidelines outlined here.
If you are an employee attending the event in person and applicable local law requires you to isolate or quarantine outside of your home upon your return from the event, Autodesk will reimburse you for reasonable costs associated with any legally required quarantine or isolation period upon your return, provided you begin your travel home from the event within one calendar day of the final day of AU, or as soon as practical based on flight availability.
Autodesk assumes no financial responsibility for any expenses associated with quarantine or isolation incurred by non-Autodesk employees.
Beyond AU 2022
The CDC currently recommends individuals who participated in large gatherings to monitor their symptoms, test 5 days after returning from travel or participation in the event, especially if they develop symptoms, and to familiarize themselves with local government quarantine isolation guidelines.
Failure to comply with protocols
Failure to comply with any applicable COVID-19 protocols at the event may result in denial of entry, or removal from AU 2022, and may be subject to other consequences.
Refer to the CDC website or the State Department website for additional information on COVID-19 protocols. For more information on COVID-19 protocols specific to this event, email AUsafety@autodesk.com. Autodesk employees can also review Autodesk COVID Policies.
What is the COVID-19 cancellation policy for AU 2022?
Autodesk’s priority is the health and safety of its employees, partners, customers, and all those who plan to attend Autodesk University. If you test positive for COVID-19 prior to the conference, we encourage you to take precautions for your health and the health of other attendees at the event. That includes canceling your registration for AU 2022. If your cancellation is due to a positive COVID diagnosis, our customer service team will work with you to provide a credit for our 2023 conference or a refund of your original purchase price. Your cancellation will not incur a cancellation fee.
Autodesk University event guidelines and protocols for COVID health and safety are guided by venue policies; local, state, and federal guidance; and Autodesk’s corporate governance. Based on these factors, vaccination against COVID-19 is not currently required for conference attendees. If conference vaccination requirements change prior to AU 2022 and you are unable to attend the conference, Autodesk will refund your original purchase price. A $100 fee will be assessed upon cancellation.