This interview is part of a series featuring the members of our diverse AU community, from speakers and conference attendees to forum participants and online commenters. You are AU.
1. What’s your current job role?
Road Design Digital Engineering Systems Specialist
2. What are your main areas of expertise and interest?
Roads and highway design and 3D modeling.
3. What’s your favorite piece of technology?
The Internet, because you get an unlimited source of information at your fingertips.
4. What do you enjoy most about your work?
The ability to design and make things that will improve our future transportation experience.
5. What do you find most challenging about your work?
Providing more information with less time.
6. What excites you about the future? What scares you?
What scares me is that what I know right now will be obsolete in the future. This also excites me at the same time because it means I have new stuff to learn that will be more efficient and effective.
7. What new skill, personal or professional, would you most like to learn?
I want to enhance my digital engineering skills and be able to use new technology in analyzing large amounts of data and be able to come up with a meaningful use for it.
Check out the class Jowenn is teaching at AU Las Vegas 2019 and visit his profile to learn more about his work and contributions to the AU community.