- A “Qualified Educational Institution” means an educational institution which has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students. IT administrators or Educators may access the Education Community on behalf of a Qualified Educational Institution to access and deploy Software and Web Services for the Qualified Educational Institution.
- An IT administrator is an individual person who is an employee or independent contractor working for a Qualified Educational Institution and responsible for licensing and installing software for the Qualified Educational Institution.
- An “Educator” is an individual person who is an employee or independent contractor working for a Qualified Educational Institution.
- A “Student” means an individual person enrolled as a student at a Qualified Educational Institution.
- An Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor is an individual who provides guidance, advice, coaching, or instruction to competitors engaged in competing in an Autodesk-sponsored design competition, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of such status. A competitor is a student or other individual who is registered and accepted or otherwise approved by a design competition organizer as a competition participant and who, upon request by Autodesk, is able to provide proof of such status. A list of Autodesk-sponsored competitions can be found on the Education Community (or successor site thereto): https://www.autodesk.com/education/competitions-and-events/all-competitions.
- Additional Terms Applicable to Software Obtained Through the Education Community. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the license agreement accompanying any Software downloaded by you from this Site through the Education Community, such Software may be used by competitors and Autodesk sponsored design competition mentors to design, develop, create and submit competition entries in Autodesk-sponsored design competitions. Except as modified by the preceding sentence, the applicable license agreement shall remain in full force and effect according to its terms.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Terms of Service applicable to any Web Services made available to you via the Education Community,
- such Web Services may be used solely by (i) Qualified Educational Institutions, Students and Educators for learning, teaching, training, and research and development, but shall not include commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes, or (ii) by competitors and Autodesk sponsored design competition mentors to design, develop, create and submit competition entries in Autodesk-sponsored design competitions; and
- any stated cloud credit allocations for customers using cloud services under a free Education entitlement does not imply continued rights to such levels. Autodesk may, from time to time and without notice, impose caps or limits on the use of cloud credits by customers using services under a free Education entitlement, and, may modify terms related to the provision of cloud credits, including without limitation usage rates, for any customer.
Except as modified by the preceding clauses, the applicable Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect according to their terms.