Using BIM tools to collaborate saves time
The project's tight deadline was WDI Studio's greatest challenge. Gaurav Sharma confides that the process of sharing information wasn't the most efficient in the past. He noted a McKinsey study that found workers waste up to 60 percent of their time gathering requested information and communicating with coworkers, leaving just 40 percent of their time to spend on role-specific tasks.
To avoid these pitfalls, Gaurav Sharma leveraged his familiarity with Autodesk software to streamline workflows with Standard Operating Procedures for project execution.
The use of previsualization techniques allowed the team to experiment with different design options before sharing them with stakeholders.
All of the models were put into descriptive layers, and more layers could be added. Data shortcuts provided a complete reference copy of an object that could be imported from one drawing into other drawings. This flexible, object-level technique eliminated administrative overhead and solved problems typically experienced when collaborating on drawings.
Autodesk's integrated toolset enabled WDI Studios to complete this phase of a complex site development project on time and on budget.
"The smart, familiar and efficient user interface is simply loved by our engineers," Gaurav Sharma says, "enabling them to focus on what they need to deliver projects effectively."