With the growing business challenges of disconnected workflows, the inability to influence early-stage design, and rushed schedules, MEP engineers and contractors need to find a way to adapt. By moving from CAD to BIM, you can improve project understanding and decision making, share and use the same consistent data across the project lifecycle, and respond quickly with smarter and faster processes.
BIM-based workflows can help you overcome these business challenges by connecting design to detailing, to fabrication, and ultimately to the field for installation and construction. With Autodesk's BIM solution for MEP you can meet increasingly common BIM requirements, and collaborate more effectively with stakeholders, by using a common model for authoring in the cloud.
Join Brandon White, Technical Marketing Manager MEP, to explore Autodesk’s BIM portfolio for MEP design and fabrication that supports end-to-end workflows across the building lifecycle. See how you can move from design through fabrication and installation with cloud-based collaboration tools and access to the most up-to-date project data.
What's on the agenda:
- Generate HVAC layouts and automatically size duct designs in Revit.
- Create Mechanical Systems and verify system hierarchy in the System Browser.
- Convert design intent to fabrication parts and optimize lengths.
- Export Revit fabrication part files for working with CADmep.
- Assign fabrication clashes in BIM Collaborate Pro Model Coordination.