You know what YouTube is and that it’s full of funny cat videos. In reality, it is much more than that, especially for your business.
It is a portal through which the world can see you. Potential clients can find you and learn what you have to offer. Here are 10 reasons why you should use YouTube for business.
1. If a Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words, Then a Video Is Worth Far More. YouTube videos can be recorded at 15 frames per second. So every second of video is worth at least 15,000 words (unless you record at a faster frame rate), plus the words you use in the audio portion of the video. Pictures are great for showing a product, but nothing will market your product better than an actual video demonstration that can be accessed by possible customers or clients anytime, anywhere in the world.
2. Delivery Is Easy and Free. Getting your marketing material to potential clients will have costs. Delivering the goods with YouTube is easy. Each video has its own link that is always there and available. You can use email, Facebook, Twitter, and your website to promote the link.
3. It’s Mobile. YouTube is accessible by computer, tablet, and mobile phone. That means anyone can view your YouTube video anywhere, anytime.
4. TL;DR (Too Long; Didn’t Read) Doesn’t Apply. Long and boring articles are very informative, but oftentimes viewers simply won’t read them because they are too long. A video, on the other hand, requires much less effort. Your clients simply have to watch your video to be brought up to speed. There’s no effort on their part, other than pressing the Play button.
5. On the Web, Content Is King. The key to getting noticed on the Internet is to either be famous already or have a great library of content. When people search the Internet, you want them to find you. Having YouTube videos will give them something to find.
6. YouTube Videos Are Easy to Share. Once your information is on YouTube, it is very easy to distribute. It’s even easy for your viewers to share videos with their friends and contacts.
7. Subscribers Are Notified When You Post a Video. This is a great way to create an opt-in mailing list for announcements, news, demonstrations, or discussions.
8. You Can Provide Training or Documentation of Your Products/Services. YouTube is a great way for you to create documentation of your product, how-to videos, tips, information, instructions, or anything that can convey the message of your product to the world. Who wants to read a troubleshooting article when they can be told and shown what to do?
9. It Demonstrates Expertise. Your YouTube videos will demonstrate what you know and what you can do.
10. YouTube Videos Are Shown in Google Results. Your clients or customers are searching for your product on the Internet, and you want to be found. Google is the number-one search engine, and Google owns YouTube. Its products consistently show up as top items in search results. That means your YouTube videos can be found quite easily. YouTube is a search engine. Some say it is the number-two search engine on the Internet. Once a customer is on the YouTube website, he or she tends to search for more videos. If you aren’t there, they won’t find you.
For more reasons why your small business should use YouTube, read 5 Reasons to Use YouTube for Business.