Welcome to Autodesk’s Redshift. Why Redshift? Well, in space terminology, astronomers use the word redshift to measure how far away an object is traveling. When an object moves away from the Earth, it appears redshifted; the wavelength of its light is stretched into lower frequencies, which makes it look red.
What’s fascinating (and kinda scary) is the reality that the universe is continuously expanding, which means that light from most galaxies appears redshifted. And as the universe expands, so does the Redshift editorial team’s aim to move with it—at the forefront of architecture, construction, infrastructure, and manufacturing technology. We want to help designers and engineers design a better and more sustainable world for future generations.
At Redshift, we explore the future of making: how products, buildings, and cities will be built tomorrow—and even 100 years from now. With technological advancements in machine learning, generative design, and robotics, the very nature of design is shifting. Designers, engineers, builders, and makers are no longer confined to traditional ideas of design and engineering. The landscape has redshifted.
Redshift is supported by Autodesk, creator of software tools with the power to make anything.
- Editorial DirectorDusty DiMercurio
- Editor in Chief, Global/Americas Content LeadKylee Swenson
- Managing Editor, Head of Content Operations and ProgramsErin Hanson
- Redshift Japan Editor, APJ Content LeadYasuo Matsunaka
- EMEA Content LeadAurélia Guillaume-Fabbri
- Video Executive ProducerShveta Berry
- Head of Content Distribution & Social MediaLuke Kintigh
- Cinematographer & EditorAndy Westhoff
- Marketing Manager, Audience Growth & NurtureAlly Greer
- Content Marketing & Social Media AnalystLeslie Chen
- Social Media Marketing SpecialistMary Lesperance
- Social Media SpecialistMuna Idriss
- Special Sections Editor & ProofreaderLori Kennedy
- AEC Freelance EditorSarah Jones
- Manufacturing Freelance EditorMarkkus Rovito
- Freelance Art DirectorEarl Otsuka
- Freelance EditorKatje Richstatter