This update address issues related to data uploads, sketching, and CAM. Data upload: Fixed issue with…
March 2015 Update – What’s new in CAM
What’s New in CAM for Fusion 360 | March Update
The focus in this current update showcases our investment in ‘cloud’ capabilities with personal libraries for Tools, Post Processors, and Templates. Minor selection enhancements are seen throughout the product; as well as technology from HSMWorks and InventorHSM are working its way over to Fusion 360 (i.e. Order by Area in Adaptive Clearing & Chip Thinning in the Face Operation).
Check out the video below; as well as a couple of the highlights implemented in our latest release:
- Personal ‘Cloud’ Libraries (Tools, Post Processors, and Templates) are available on both Mac and Windows Platforms.
- Tool Libraries improvements (MAC ONLY) – Tool holder support including clash detection.
- Minor selection enhancements (Circle Radius shown under the ‘Drill Operation’ when hovering over a hole).
- Improved Template Consumption interface.
- Enhanced ‘FACE’ strategy with chip thinning.
- Stay-down feature and minimum axial engagement (for Adaptive Clearing).
- Inserting G-Code with the Manual NC operation.
- Added ‘ORDER BY AREA’ to 3D Adaptive Clearing Operation.
- New ‘BREAK THROUGH’ option added to Drill Operation types.
- Next ‘Event and Previous Event’ options added to Simulation Marking Menu.
- Measure distance between stock and workpiece during Stock Simulation.
- Allow multiple post processor source folders (MAC ONLY).
Where to access your Cloud Libraries:
MAC TOOL LIBRARY UPGRADE:
FACE OPERATION: CHIP THINNING
Minor selection enhancements (Circle Radius shown under the ‘Drill Operation’ when hovering over a hole).
CLOUD POST PROCESSOR ACCESS TO CUSTOM POSTS: