- Today’s design engineers are facing unprecedented change and challenges as theproducts we design become more intelligent and more connected. New manufacturing methods, distributed manufacturing and distributed design further create a need for a more connected environment in which to develop these products. The traditional means of increasing a product’s value is becoming less valid as the customer demands for new layers of connectivity and intelligence in their products increase. We are left with significantly more requirements on a design, which in turn creates a more complex manufacturing environment.
- Allowing engineers and designers to work in the isolated silos of the past is no longer a valid approach.
- This presents a huge opportunity to re-think the way we do design. Today’s engineers and designers need a new generation of tools that provide a connected ecosystem of information, collaboration and access to manufacturing at the point of design. To accomplish this task of connectivity we turn to the infinite possibilities of the cloud and the opportunity to leverage scalable computing and connectivity to bring designers together in ways never before possible.
- We are excited to announce a new partnership between element 14, CadSoft EAGLE and Autodesk Fusion 360. Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE platform for product development. It combines industrial and mechanical design, simulation, collaboration, and machining in a single package. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset.
- Users of EAGLE’s Circuit Board design software will now be able to directly publish their designs from EAGLE into Fusion 360. Whether you merely need a simplified representation of the circuit board to design around or you want to develop a more sophisticated representation of the electrical design to integrate into the mechanical design, this direct connection will allow for new levels of collaboration.
- The world is changing. Products are changing. Manufacturing is changing. We could not be more excited to help move the industry forward. Never has it been so easy to go from an idea to developed circuits, integrated mechanical design and ultimately to prototype or production with such a seamless process.