The new Autodesk EAGLE has arrived, and with it comes a brand new licensing service that makes it easy to get started on your next electronics design project. You might be used to throwing down a good chunk of money to access the PCB design software you need, but who wants to empty their wallet all at once? This is why we’ve changed things up a bit with Autodesk EAGLE.
Autodesk EAGLE Licensing 101
Getting your very own Autodesk EAGLE license just requires a simple subscription that can be paid monthly or yearly, however you please. That’s it, no purchase order needed, no hounding your boss for a budget approval. Just pay your way, and start your next design project. And if you prefer to work offline on your projects, then we’ve got you covered. You’ll only need to check in with the Autodesk servers once every 14 days to keep your license active. Here are just a few of the benefits of getting an Autodesk EAGLE Subscription:
Stay Up to Date
You’ll get instant access to every new release, right when it’s available at no additional cost. We’ve got a ton of new updates planned for the future, including:
- Real mechanical integration. We’re working to make it easier than ever to get your designs over into a mechanical tool without any extra STEPs.
- Brand new UI & UX. We’re also working on making EAGLE even easier to use with an improved user experience and polished interface.
- One-click manufacturing. We’re also in the process of teaming up with your favorite manufacturers so you can get your completed design made in a single click.
Get Legendary Customer Service
As an EAGLE Subscriber, you’ll get exclusive access to the support team over at Autodesk to get your questions answered quickly. This includes direct contact with Autodesk Senior Support Specialists, community support forums, and exclusive coaching opportunities.
Save Some Money
Most importantly, an Autodesk EAGLE Subscription is way lighter on your budget. No more having to throw down thousands all at once just to access your tool of choice. If you grab a Standard monthly subscription, then you’ll only pay 50¢ per day.
Autodesk EAGLE Licensing & Pricing
Getting your hands on an Autodesk EAGLE paid license requires one of two subscription types – Standard or Premium. Regardless of which subscription plan you choose, you’ll still get the latest updates, support straight from the Autodesk EAGLE experts, and a price that can’t be beaten. Here’s how the subscription plans break down:
It’s Still Free
There still is, and will always be, a free version of Autodesk EAGLE that is super popular with all of our students and makers. All you need to get started is a free Autodesk account. Here’s what to expect in the free version of Autodesk EAGLE:
- Unlimited access. You’ll get unlimited access to all of the PCB layout, schematic editing, and autorouting tools.
- Ample space. You’ll be able to use up to 2 schematic sheets, 2 signal planner layers, and an 80 cm² board area per project.
- Your platform of choice. And the best part – Autodesk EAGLE is still available on every platform known to man – Windows, Mac and Linux.
To get started with the free version of Autodesk EAGLE head on over to the Free Download page.
How to Purchase an Autodesk EAGLE License
Ready to get started with your very own Autodesk EAGLE license? Here’s how to get started in 3 easy steps.
Step 1 – Purchase an EAGLE Subscription
First up, you’ll need to purchase one of the available EAGLE Subscriptions, being either EAGLE Standard or EAGLE Premium. Here’s how:
- Head on over to the Autodesk EAGLE Subscribe page.
- Select your subscription type, and payment plan then select the Subscribe Online button.
- On the next page, go ahead and confirm your subscription type by selecting the Add to Cart button.
- It’s checkout time! Select the Proceed to Secure Checkout button, and you’ll now need to sign into your Autodesk account or create a new one.
- After signing in or creating an Autodesk account, go ahead and enter your billing and payment information and complete the ordering process.
Now that you’ve got a brand new EAGLE Subscription, it’s time to install the software and activate your license!
Step 2 – Download and Install Autodesk EAGLE
Getting Autodesk EAGLE downloaded and installed will differ slightly depending on what operating system you’re using – Windows, Mac or Linux. To download the installer, do this:
- Select the Sign In button in the top-right corner of the Autodesk EAGLE website and choose Autodesk Account as the sign in type.
- Sign into your Autodesk account which will take you to your Autodesk Account Management page.
- You should see your EAGLE license listed in the All Products & Services list. Select the Downloads link and select your OS to download the installer.
With the installer downloaded, go ahead and open it to begin installing Autodesk EAGLE. The steps for completing this process will vary depend on your chosen operating system. We’d recommend checking out our blog on How to Install Autodesk EAGLE On Windows, Mac, and Linux for a more detailed guide.
Step 3 – Activate Your License
To activate your license all you need to do is sign into your Autodesk account when you open Autodesk EAGLE for the first time. After signing in, you’ll be greeted with the Autodesk EAGLE Control Panel, and you should see your license type displayed in the bottom right corner as shown in the image below:
Managing Your EAGLE Subscription
Need to make a change to your Autodesk EAGLE Subscription? It’s super easy to administer your auto-renewal and payment settings right from your Autodesk Account. Here’s how:
- Sign into your account by selecting the Sign In button in the top-right corner of the Autodesk EAGLE website and choose Autodesk Account.
- After signing into your account, select the Billing & Orders button on the left side of your dashboard.
- You should see your EAGLE Subscription listed under the main Contracts section. Left-click your subscription to adjust auto-renewal and payment method settings.
Enjoy the Design Journey
Our goal has been, and will always be, to make PCB design tools that are accessible and affordable to each and every engineer. With the new Autodesk EAGLE Subscription, there aren’t any exceptions to this goal. Whether you’re making boards for fun or profit, there’s a subscription type that is bound to fit both your engineering needs and your budget. We’re all incredibly excited to start rolling out a ton of updates in the future and would love to have you onboard to enjoy all of the good times that are ahead for Autodesk EAGLE.
Ready to get started? Buy an Autodesk EAGLE Subscription today.