SAP® Engineering Control Center (ECTR) offers the basis for supporting "live engineering" - the SAP strategy for digitizing products and product development processes.
With ECTR SAP provides end-to-end management of consistent data from the engineering disciplines including mechanics, electronics, software development, and simulation within their own PLM solution in an efficient work environment.
SAP ECTR offers increased ease of use for all CAD and Office sources. The simple, intuitive data navigation supplies a comprehensive overview of all required information, such as SAP objects like Documents, Materials and Bill of Materials, etc., and offers quick and easy access to central information, data and processes.
Simplify the structured processing of product development data through:
- A familiar appearance for all users
- Easy handling of SAP, also for new users
- Personal folders
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Context-sensitive pull-down menus
- Symbols for meaningful and quick information
- Make engineer’s life easier with an simple and intuitive Windows® Explorer®-like user interface that provides designers with an optimal working environment
- Offer a holistic view of all product information
and ensure smooth transition between processes through up-to-date and consistent, company-wide product data
- Development of standardized products at lower costs
at a competitive level, shorten innovation cycles and achieve higher product quality