Get the skills to perform early-stage mechanical system design and analysis. Start by analyzing heating and cooling loads, equipment sizing, and system performance to make an early impact on your design requirements. Then create analytical systems that describe the location, equipment, and services included during analysis. Review workflows that consider the impact of Revit spaces, as well as the effect of material thermal properties. Then create an energy model and review analysis results in detailed and loads reports.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Review and establish energy settings.
- Understand and apply Revit spaces and associated properties.
- Define analytical water loops, air systems, and zone equipment.
- Create and assess an energy model. Perform a systems analysis.
- Review and understand analytical space properties.
- Produce and review a detailed report and a loads report.
- Change project details and observe effects of the analysis results.
- Perform a comparative analysis to assess the effect of change on physical system requirements.