Create relevant, real-world families for structural projects using Revit. This course is ideal for those who are already familiar with the fundamentals of Revit and want to create their own custom content.
Nearly every element you place into a Revit project is a family. Families have a direct impact on the quality, efficiency, and performance of your Revit project. Understanding how to craft industry-leading Revit content is key to a successful, high quality project. This is an essential skill for structural engineers and technicians who author or manage Revit models.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand the key differences between family, shared, and global parameters and how to use them effectively in projects.
- Create and edit family parameters and shared parameters, add tags, and create schedules.
- Use solid and void forms to create structural elements.
- Create and work with profiles, adding parameters to control shape.
- Create structural families including retaining walls, concrete piles, pile caps, and precast beams.