Welcome to Advanced 3D Modeling for Architectural Design. Revit offers a multitude of tools for creating production-level BIM models with speed and efficiency. This course dives into these essential features and covers a recommended workflow for modeling. You’ll get hands-on instruction to create and work with architectural elements such as walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, stairs, and railings. Then you’ll round out your skills with lessons on topography, mass families, rooms, areas, and materials. You’ll be well on your way to designing building components and working with tools in Revit that are key to your professional development.
Practice new skills and test your knowledge with the exercises that accompany the course.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Create complex wall types, embed walls, create slanted walls, and assign sweeps and reveals.
- Create and adjust curtain walls, create bespoke panels, and place doors in curtain walls.
- Create ceilings, place lights, and create floor upstands.
- Use shape editing features of floors and assign thickness to floor.
- Model advanced roofs such as glazed and mansard, place fascias and gutters, and create dormer windows.
- Edit railing paths and create multi-story stairs and u-shaped staircases.
- Create topography and site modeling.
- Create mass families, edit masses, and develop the model using model by face tools.
- Develop an area scheme, area plans, and area boundaries.
- Work with room bounding objects, room data, schedules, and color schemes.
- Create and assign materials to objects.