Revit offers many tools for creating production-level BIM models with speed and efficiency. Dive into these essential features using an industry-standard workflow for modeling. You’ll create and work with architectural elements, such as walls, floors and ceilings, roofs, stairs, and railings. Round out your skills with lessons on topography, mass families, rooms, areas, and materials.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create wall types, embed walls, and create sweeps and reveals.
- Create slanted and tapered walls, and work with architectural columns.
- Create and adjust curtain walls, work with curtain wall panels, and place families in curtain walls.
- Create ceilings, place lights, and create floor upstands.
- Use shape-editing features of floors and assign thickness to floors.
- Model advanced roofs such as glazed and mansard, place fascias and gutters, and create dormer windows.
- Create multi-story and u-shaped stairs, edit stair types.
- Place railings in the model and edit railing types.
- Create a toposurface from a linked CAD file.
- Create a building pad in a toposurface and add site components.
- Create mass families, edit masses, and develop the model using model by face tools.
- Develop an area scheme, area plans, and area boundaries.
- Work with room bounding objects, room data, schedules, and color schemes.
- Work with both area and volume data for rooms.
- Create and assign materials to objects.
Resources for teaching in the classroom.
Resources just for educators
Teach this course in the classroom. It is recommended that you watch the videos and familiarize yourself with the course before delivering this content in the classroom.
We’ve provided an instructor guide for teaching the course content in the classroom, with discussion prompts, learning objectives, and estimated times for demonstration and practice. Additionally, grading rubrics for the challenges found in the course are provided. Students can either work in teams or solve the challenges on their own.
Download the instructor resources
Want to create custom learning playlists to share with your students?
Choose and share the modules and courses that best fit your curriculum using Lists. Once you create a List, share the URL with your students and they can sign into their Autodesk Account to access.
- To create a List, select [+] 'Add to list' in the banner of a course or module.
- To share a list with others, set the list visibility to Public and share the link.
Learn more about courses and learning in our FAQs.