Introduction to 3D Modeling for Architectural Design
Gain the skills needed to design buildings in 3D and work with tools that are key to your professional growth. Get a hands-on approach to creating and editing walls, doors and windows, roofs, stairs, ramps, and railings by following typical design workflows. Practice these workflows on your own and use your skills to solve new challenges.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Draw straight and curved walls, reorient walls, and create similar walls.
- Split and fillet walls.
- Align walls and trim or extend walls.
- Place doors and windows in walls and edit their positioning.
- Center doors by creating parametric relationships to walls.
- Copy windows and doors and work with tags.
- Create a variety of roof types, including extruded, gable, hip, and shed.
- Create straight-run stairs, modify staircases, and create and edit railings.
Discover how to use wall elements for a layout.
Discover how to use door and window elements for layout and design purposes.
Create and edit various types of roofs, assigning structure, and materials.
Stairs and Railings Layout and Design