Advanced Modeling for Mechanical Design
Build, validate, and future-proof your skills in mechanical design. Take the next step in your learning journey by exploring advanced elements in parametric design. Get equipped with professional-level competencies that help you solve complex mechanical design challenges.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the parametric CAD workflow.
- Identify interface aspects of Inventor.
- Create designs using sheet metal parts.
- Create designs with mechanical motion.
- Identify techniques to automate part and assembly modeling.
- Manipulate appearances and physical materials.
- Create a detailed drawing.
- Share drawings with other users and customers.
- Publish designs.
- Use programming techniques to enable rules-driven design.
This course was authored using Inventor 2021. You may notice course resources are accessed differently for earlier versions of Inventor. See course resources for more details.
Set up a new project and opening a file.
You will be provided with the design criteria for the main chassis. You will review the criteria then start designing the unit by creating the main chassis in the sheet metal environment.
Learn how to create two design candidates for the handle which will be presented to the company for approval. One design will be created as a loft feature and the second will be a freeform model.
Start a new assembly then place the lid panel as the base component. The lid panel assembly will then be placed in the main assembly.
Add an engraved feature, a decal, and a rib to chassis parts. Then create a presentation and use the storyboard to create snapshots, a raster image, and a drawing.