Drawing Management for Design and Drafting
Drawing files are the framework for technical projects. Learn how to manage these critical files and understand their key components, including layers, drawing layouts, and sheet sets. Once you know how to create and manage file details, you’ll discover how to handle potential file corruptions, export using eTransmit, and collaborate across teams. Get the course resources to practice on your own and use the recommended workflows in your own projects.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create and manage layers in files for greater consistency and efficiency.
- Create and use layer filters and layer states.
- Make and modify page setups to ensure proper page layouts.
- Construct and work with sheets and sheet sets, including attributes and fields.
- Address file corruption issues, recover files, and use Audit, Purge, and Insert commands.
- Export files and work with the eTransmit tool.
- Coordinate with others using external reference (xref) files and DWG Compare.
Layers are the backbone of all objects in an AutoCAD drawing. This lesson covers guidelines, commands, and options for managing layers.
Organize your drawings and streamline your plotting workflow by learning how to use drawing layouts in AutoCAD. Get practice using the Page Setup Manager, create and modify page setups, manage page setups, and learn how to share specific page layouts in organization.
Sheet Sets allow you to organize your sheets so they can be presented in a logical manner—but they're capable of so much more. You can also work with and export the project data for better collaboration.
Corruption can occur in almost every file type. Learn how to troubleshoot file corruption in drawing files, starting with an overview of recover drawing file commands and learning how to use the Recovery Manager (including sv$ files).
Working as a team is a vital part of any technical project. Collaborating with those team members both inside and outside your office can be a challenge.