This document offers a brief summary of the new and enhanced functionality added to the latest versions of AutoCAD. For more detailed information about any of these features, refer to the AutoCAD 2017 Feature Guide or AutoCAD Online help.
Installation and configuration
- A new license manager enables you to easily view and change your AutoCAD license type and serial number. You can also view license information for installed plug-ins, add-ons, and extensions
- Easily borrow a network license from within AutoCAD enabling you to work without access to the license server for up to 6 months. Return the license early just as easily.
- Save drawings after losing your connection to the license server with up to 3 opportunities (2 minutes each) that don’t begin counting down until you dismiss the warning message.
- Migrate you custom settings and files from a previous release of AutoCAD to AutoCAD 2017 with an intuitive new migration tool that detects and clearly identifies customized settings so you can choose which ones you wish to migrate.
- Use the Autodesk desktop app to quickly access security patches, updates, and learning content for 2015, 2016, and 2017 versions of Microsoft® Windows®-based Autodesk® products.
- Enjoy improved graphics performance, appearance, and selection when using a DirectX 11®-capable graphics card with hardware acceleration.
- Enable the new LTGAPSELECTION system variable to select or snap to the gaps in dash/dot linetypes.
- Enjoy improved stability and performance with a new 3D graphics subsystem, particularly for models with a large number of small blocks containing edges and facets.
- Resizable and enlarged dialog boxes enable you to view more information with less scrolling.
- Set the drawing insertion units to US Survey Feet with the addition of that option to the list of insertion units.
- Specify a tooltip delay to display rollover tooltips so you can take advantage of tooltips when you really need them without the distraction of displaying them when you don’t.
- Automatically display a message when trying to use the Delete key to erase objects while the PICKFIRST system variable is set to zero.
- Use the HPLAYER command to create a new layer and set it as default for new hatches and fills in one step.
- Import PDF geometry, TrueType text, and raster images from a specified page in a PDF file, or from all or part of an attached PDF underlay minimizing the need to redraw geometry from scratch.
- Use the TEXTEDIT command to edit multiple text objects without having to restart the command.
- Create centerlines and center marks that are automatically associated with the geometry on which they’re centered. If you edit the associated geometry, the centerlines and center marks update accordingly.
- Easily share design views of your drawings via the cloud to facilitate collaboration with stakeholders while protecting your data. Stakeholders don’t have to log into A360 or have an AutoCAD-based product installed to view the designs. And they don’t have access to the source DWG files.
- Send your 3D models from AutoCAD to Print Studio, a companion application, to prep them for specific printers and materials. This preparation can save time and money by helping you avoid trial-and-error printing.
- Snap to precise locations on an attached coordination model using the standard 2D endpoint and center object snaps.
Additional Benefit When You Subscribe: AutoCAD 360 Pro
Take the power of AutoCAD wherever you go! AutoCAD 360 Pro is now included when you subscribe to AutoCAD. AutoCAD 360, the official AutoCAD mobile app, is an easy-to-use drawing and drafting mobile app that allows you to create, view, edit and share AutoCAD drawings on your phone/tablet – anytime, anywhere. AutoCAD 360 Pro comes with advanced features like: · Markup, add text and make changes to drawings in real time · Connect to external cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) · Access advanced layer management, measuring and annotation tools · Ability to work offline and sync changes when back online. Note this benefit is not available to AutoCAD customers on a maintenance plan or a perpetual license.