2018 was full of major milestones for AutoCAD. Here we take a look back at some of the biggest AutoCAD news.
Simply put, the release of AutoCAD2019 was one of the largest in the history of the product. For the first time, the AutoCAD family came together as one. No more purchasing separately to gain certain tools and productivity enhancements. Specialized toolsets—including Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical, MEP, Plant3D, Map3D, and RasterDesign—are available to everyone with a 2019 subscription. We could practically here Oprah exclaim, “You get a toolset! You get a toolset! Everybody gets a toolset!” It’s pretty huge news.
But the release of AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2019 didn’t end there. They also included access to the all-new AutoCAD web app and AutoCAD mobile app. Plus, we introduced DWG Compare, Shared Views, 2D performance enhancements, and much more. Check out all of the latest AutoCAD 2019 features here. You can download a free trial here, or just go ahead and subscribe!
AutoCAD Dropbox Extension
This fall we also announced a new integration with Dropbox, allowing anytime, anywhere access to DWG files.
“By integrating more closely with Dropbox we’re giving users and teams even more power to create, design and make amazing things,” said Rob Maguire, vice president, AutoCAD Family Products. “We’re committed to delivering a seamless experience to creative professionals, architects and engineers through this integration.”
Rob summed it up nicely; we couldn’t have said it better! Having Dropbox access is a major time-saver for workflows. Learn more about the news here.
AutoCAD 2019 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2019 for Mac
On the heels of our Dropbox announcement, we broke the big news with the availability of AutoCAD 2019 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2019 for Mac. Want a few of the highlights? So glad you asked! You’re now able to:
- Use AutoCAD for Mac in German and Japanese
- Identify Drawing Differences With DWG Compare
- Purge Multiple Objects at Once
- Efficiently Plot With New Plot Preview
- Create and Insert Views More Quickly While Drawing
- Specify a Default Layer for Your Xrefs With XREFLAYER
What are you waiting for? If you’re on a Subscription or Maintenance plan, head over to your AutodeskAccount and download it today. You can also download a 30-day free trial of AutoCAD2019forMac or AutoCADLT2019forMac.
And In Case You Missed It….
The AutoCAD blog is committed to article series that deliver on our goal of providing the best, most helpful content to you. Be sure to check these out (if you haven’t already!)
- MasteringAutoCADSheetSets: Twenty-one articles take you on a deep dive with what you need to know to get started and master AutoCAD Sheet Sets
- ExploringtheFeaturesandBenefitsofAutoCAD: Whether it’s Dynamic Blocks, Leaders, Fields, Text Settings, and so much more, this series is your one-stop read to drill down on specific AutoCAD features.
- TuesdayTips: Our popular, long-running Tuesday Tips series continued to deliver those, well, tips to help you work even more efficiently!
Happy New Year!
Wishing you a wonderful 2019 filled with new, exciting AutoCAD projects! We can’t wait to bring you even more news, tips, and insights this year.