Do you create the same ticket report every month? Do you rearrange and hide columns?
Portfolio owners and co-owners can export ticket data to an Airtable base for these reports. Create a view in the base with the columns you need, and the tickets will automatically appear in that view. Below are the steps to set this up. Note, this is available for paid portfolios only.
To export ticket data:
- Sign up for an Airtable account
- Copy the BIM 360 Ops base embedded below by clicking Copy base in the footer
- Enter the API and Base keys to connect your portfolio to the base
- In Airtable, click on Help, then select API documentation
- View the Authentication section
- API key: Follow the steps to generate an API key. Copy that key and paste it in the API key field in the BIM 360 Ops portfolio settings.
- Base key: Go back to the Authentication documentation, in the right column, look at the example query. The value that starts with app is the Base key. Copy that value and paste it in the Base key field in the BIM 360 Ops portfolio settings.
- Once the base is connected, new and updated tickets will reflect in Airtable
- Tap the Sync to Airtable button to export existing tickets. We recommend initially syncing tickets created this month
- To set up your routine reports in Airtable, tap on Grid View, and Add a new Grid. In the new view, you can reorder and hide columns. Do not rename or delete columns
- To disconnect the base, delete the API and Base keys
- Portfolios with a lot of tickets may take several hours to copy
- When syncing existing tickets, duplicate tickets may appear in the base
- Changing the building name or prefix will result in duplicate tickets in the base
- Remove an assigned user from a ticket, the user and their hours worked are deleted from the Airtable record. BIM 360 Ops retains the user and their hours worked.
Click Copy base in the lower, right corner to copy the BIM 360 Ops base template.