The Autodesk Corporate Real Estate, Facilities, Travel, Safety and Security (CREFTS) team manages over two million square feet of space in 38 countries with a staff of 200. We use BIM 360 Ops for asset management. Here is how we track assets.
The criteria for creating an asset record is if the asset requires maintenance once a year or more. Here is our list of managed assets:
- AHU, FCU, FPB, VAVs
- Chillers, Pumps, VFD, Condensers
- CRACS, Split systems, Specialty heating/cooling units
- Projectors, Monitors
- Control Hardware (such as Crestron, AMX control panels)
- Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Oven, Toaster
- Water, Coffee, and other Beverage Equipment
- Vending Machines
Once the assets types are determined, we developed a naming scheme. The naming scheme encodes the asset’s geo, building, floor, asset type, and asset number. For example, the code for a mechanical VAV box in our office at 111 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael is AMCA14-2F-VAV001.
For additional clarity, the asset type is the asset description in BIM 360 Ops. This description helps our technicians quickly understand what asset type requires maintenance.