Print to a non-PostScript/HPGL2
Canvas and Print Window modes
can be directed to any printer.
Print printer support is designed for printers that support high-level
graphics languages (PostScript or HPGL2). Alias does allow
you to print to lower-capability printers (bitmap printers) on Windows
in that mode, with some restrictions.
Print to a bitmap printer
- Choose File > Print and click the Setup button
to open the Print Setup window.
- In the Print Setup window,
set the Output Style to Bitmap.
- Click the Bitmap print setup button
and use the Windows printer setup dialog box to configure the printer,
then click OK.
- In the Print Preview window,
Restrictions for bitmap
- You cannot spread a printout across multiple
- You cannot use the options in the Alias print
setup window to change printer settings (such as paper, orientation,
and color options). You must use the Windows printer setup dialog
- You cannot display the title box on bitmap