Create factory layouts more quickly with AutoCAD functionality that’s designed to improve upon traditional workflows. New visualization and optimization tools in Factory Design Suite Standard help you to:
- Improve workflows with new streamlined asset migration tools that enable reusing existing CAD assets, and converting previously generated 2D layouts, blocks, and 3D drawings into factory assets.
- Customize and augment assets with more relevant manufacturing information. More flexible asset properties help you track asset identifiers, machine costs, energy consumption, links to maintenance information and more.
- Experience more accurate representations of the “as-is” state with new updates to Reality Capture support that synchronize point cloud datasets between AutoCAD, Inventor, and Navisworks. Support for “real view” allows you to view panoramic photographs taken during laser scanning in the context of their design tasks.
- Improve your workflow with a new Snap To option added to the Reposition command that allows you to reference other existing geometries and makes offsetting and aligning assets easier.
- Boost productivity with new connectors for AutoCAD Assets. This functionality has the same characteristics as the connectors in Inventor and is only available for assets published in the 2015 Factory Design Suite feature pack. There is a utility provided for updating your assets to take advantage of this functionality.
- Associate a 3D model with an existing factory asset from AutoCAD. Syncing from AutoCAD to Factory replaces 2D assets with existing 3D versions to provide 3D without additional cost.