This release continues to improve the modeling tools and capabilities of Maya LT, an initiative spanning several releases.
Updates to tools, functionality, and efficiency provide significant enhancements to modelers' daily workflows.
- Improved mirroring and symmetry workflows, including when using the QuadDraw retopology toolset.
- Mirror UVs command also enables UV maps to be mirrored.
- An update to the UV packing algorithm enables UV maps to be packed more efficiently to maximize space.
- Updates to the Unfold3D UV unwrapping algorithm speed process.
- Algorithms behind technical modeling tools, such as Bevel, Extrude, Bridge, and Wedge Faces offer better performance and less inconsistencies to provide the expected behavior.
- A new option to show/hide components of a mesh helps make it easier for artists to reduce clutter on an object to improve visibility on the target area of focus.