Improve interactive performance during client-attend sessions with better proxy handling, Reactor 3.0 for faster rendering in Action, and foreground export.
With better proxy handling, it's easier to work on high-resolution projects such as 4K or UltraHD.
- Visuals don’t change scale when switching between a proxy and a full resolution image in the viewer. Instead, image quality changes for a less intrusive visual shift.
- Flame now automatically switches to a proxy view to help maintain interactivity when scrubbing
The indirect modules in Action render faster Reactor 3.0 performance improvements.
- The Keyer, Color Corrector, Color Warper, Blur, and Crop tools in Action are now just as fast and interactive as their node equivalents in Batch.
- The memory footprint in Action is now on par with that of Batch for an overall performance improvement in Action.
- The Color Corrector and Color Warper are now separate toolsets, with enhancements to be on par with their Batch node equivalents.
You can now export in the foreground with no need to pre-render. This both speeds up the export and doesn’t require framestore space. Foreground export is useful when time is short and the exporting has priority.