Communicate with your employees about the benefits of software compliance and the risks of noncompliance. Post software use policies in common areas of your office, and include them in your employee orientation packet.
- Have employees read and then sign a copy of your software policies.
- Make software policies available in hard copy and on your intranet.
- Publicize processes for adding new computers, applications, and employees.
- Discourage individual purchases—software asset managers can receive volume discounts and also ensure that software enters the software asset management process.
- Enforce your software policy when employees are found to be noncompliant.